Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help please, with Microsoft Office Word 2007

Red face Help please, with Microsoft Office Word 2007

I am trying to email documents from MOW7, so as a test I've emailed them to myself to see how they appear. They email ok but the document is still 'open', as in the cursor

is still there and the doc can be changed.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance

That's the way Word works by default. Word documents can be shared by email and edited by anyone.

You can password protect your document. On Windows, open the document, go to Tools, then click Options and then Security. On a Mac, open the document, go to Tools, then Protect Document...

I've never done this myself, but people at work do it all the time.

I circulate Word documents as pdf files if I don't want anyone to change them. I just save as pdf in Word 2011 on my Mac. I don't know how to do it on a vanilla Windows PC - sorry.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 13-Feb-12 at 01:07. Reason: Added Mac version

just use one of the online doc to pdf converters

youshould never really send word stuff by email as you personal details can be seen and the doc can be retro edited

unless thats what you want!

if so close word and attach the file via your email client settings for attachments

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Thanks both

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    just use one of the online doc to pdf converters
    I didn't think of that. Thanks.

I have CutePDF writer on my old Windows XP machine at work. The IT guys installed it when they were in a huff with Adobe over Acrobat pricing. Some people moan about CutePDF Writer, but it works ok with old versions of Word, and it's free.

You do not need to use any third party doc to pdf convertors, you can download the SaveAsPDF.exe, or better still just click the link provided.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=9943

Dave

Thanks for that DKTC.

It won't help me because I have an ancient version of Office on my ancient XP desktop, and it appears that Microsoft Save as PDF requires Office 2007.