Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Waxwings

Default Waxwings

I saw on a bird reporting site, Birdguides that there was one seen in Halkirk today. I am a Waxwing Fanatic and had a similair thread last year.

Anyone seen one yet??? I am itching to get out and look, only problem is it is dark outside.LOL

A photo of one can be found here.
    http://www.birdforum.net/bird_view.php?bid=1438

Default Grump

Have never managed to catch a site of this bird although we did manage a site of a Shreik a couple years back.

Lizz, they are one of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen. They are funny looking things as well..In 2004 there was an invasion and flocks up to 1000 were seen in Morayshire. I hope you get to see one this year.

I saw my first Shrike on Noss Head about 5-6 weeks, it was a Gret Grey and it was a comical looking bird too.

Talking Waxwing

Thought you'd like to know there is a waxwing in Watten today (9/12), it was eating my rosehips at 10.30am. I've got a few pics of him/her but hoping it will come back and pose some more. I do hope so.

Nice one, I hope it comes back to you. Post the photos if you can.

When I lived in Thurso, Kas.. I saw a waxwing down next to the rectory oe year. As you say, they are beautiful.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."