Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New sim card problems

Default New sim card problems

Hubby`s Samsung Soul suddenly decided to stop sending photo messages. This coincided with changing to a contract with Vodafone from PAYG. Have been in touch with Vodafone and they have sent a new sim card with his old number and it has been activated, but still won`t send photos. The phone numbers were all as they had been in the memory, but now they have disappeared.

Vodafone have talked me through the setting up procedure in three different languages over the last two days and my mind has gone numb. They have sent an email with a list of 20 things to do to enable manual set up, but phone only lets me get to 17 then goes back to the beginning.

I am not good with technology, but can do most things if it is explained properly.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I believe it's because the settings for MMS (Multimedia Messaging System) on PAYG and on Contract are different = this PDF tells you how to change them on a Soul.

Thanks for that. This is the list the customer services sent me by email, but it won`t go past 17. Grrrrrrrrr.

Went to the Vodafone shop in Inverness yesterday. Jamie was extremely helpful and did all the button pressing to set up the samsung soul. Used it to send a pic, just to satisfy me it worked. We were sitting in Tall Pines waiting for our tea when the mobile rang...."Why did you send me a blank screen?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Back to square one!