Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quiz question

apollo69 Guest

Default quiz question

Question:

Is jjc :

a) A gay/human/animal rights crusader who is fighting for these causes
    b) An attention seeker, who doesn't get out often, and by being controversial can get some sort of conversation with the outside world
    c) A slever

Answers on a postcard please. Terms and conditions apply.
    jjc and relatives of jjc are not allowed to enter.

jjc Guest

Wow! I didn't think it was possible for you to show yourself up any more than you already had. Clearly your ignorance knows no bounds…

jjc Guest

Colin/Niall/Bill,

I know that there are rules here about abusive or hateful (and arguably nonsense) posts, but please leave this thread where it is in evidence of this person's complete lack of manners.

Thanks,

JJC

apollo69 Guest

Nothing abusive or hateful in there - genuine question. I'm curious.

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by apollo69
    I'm curious.
    You'll get no argument from me on that one...

jjc has to get over himself. he stands up for everything but all his opinions would work if we lived in a perfect world. he's some kind of acctivist for the world, trying to always come off as the good guy. i dinnae buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc
    Colin/Niall/Bill,

I know that there are rules here about abusive or hateful (and arguably nonsense) posts, but please leave this thread where it is in evidence of this person's complete lack of manners.

Thanks,

JJC
    Since the post in question is directed at you I guess I can let it pass but if apollo69 continues to post in this manner then I will apply the rules and he/she will end up with a ban.

Cheers
    Colin

apollo69 Guest

Colin, please put me right here.

Can you explain how it is abusive or hateful? The only bit which could loosely be described as abusive is the 'slever' bit, but it's not offensive in any way.

apollo69,

I don't think it needs explaining, it's pretty clear to everyone else. The rules and terms and conditions are simple and it's the not your interpretation of those rules that counts.

Just because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean that it wouldn't offend most people.

he/she should get a ticking off ??

BTW what is a slever?

I honestly do not know!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Saliva, drool,spittal, slevers etc all mean the same thing

jjc is very thorough in his responses and passionate about what he believes in. why is that hard for people?

A little passion is a good thing if you ask me especially when discusisng subjects like we have lately

Default Re: quiz question

Quote Originally Posted by apollo69
    Question:

Is jjc :

a) A gay/human/animal rights crusader who is fighting for these causes
    b) An attention seeker, who doesn't get out often, and by being controversial can get some sort of conversation with the outside world
    c) A slever

Answers on a postcard please. Terms and conditions apply.
    jjc and relatives of jjc are not allowed to enter.

a) I cannot find any suggestion that jjc is gay or not though jjc does seem to be liberal in this field which is good, but it is totally of no concern to me anyway. He must be human unless he is an alien. jjc does have some animal rights sympathies and shouldn't we all?

b) No jjc is not an attention seeker, he/she rarely starts threads himself/herself.
    If you refer to jjc's opinions as a reflection of jjc's limited interaction with the real world then yes, jjc doesn't get out much. I am in a remote area of Caithness myself with no pub to go to, so yes i am as guilty as jjc about being controversial on caithness.org to get conversation!

c) don't know what this means?

But Rheghead, you and jjc have so much in common

You are both such sweethearts

Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celebrate the New Year.

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celibrate the New Year.
    That sounds like a grand idea. You'll have no problem spotting me when we meet up... I'm the one with jaundice (haven't been out in the sun for months you know )

Ok, but if I don't spot you, then I will be the one carrying the vodka-soaked copy of the Daily Mail, the cheap cigarette lighter, and a pristine copy of The Guardian under my arm. Or was it the other way round?

apollo69 Guest

Oops maybe it looks wrong! It doesn't ask if he is gay human or an animal, it asks if he is a gay rights, human rights, or animal rights crusader. Sorry if it appeared different.

Rheghead - a slever is just a fun term for someone who talks nonesense.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celebrate the New Year.
    Hey, that sounds great can I come as well as I don't get out much either?

I promise not to argue...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast