Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boxercise

Default Boxercise

Hi all my name is Andrew Henderson and I have recently qualified as a Boxercise instructor and am looking to expand my classes into Caithness. Currently I have 1 class per week in Bettyhill but currently looking to see if there is any interest in Caithness for a class like this, equipment would be provided but class members can take their own stuff as well. The class will last around an hour and will introduce you to boxing techniques.. a quick note, Boxercise is for the purpose of fitness, not self defense or boxing training, therefore there will be no sparring.

Boxercise is fitness training to a boxing styled manner and consists of three kinds of classes:

1. Circuit Based Classes.
    2. Aerobic Classes.
    3. What is known by Boxercise as a ''Beasting'' class which is the toughest class.

I incorporate all these kinds into one class.

The class will involve

- A warm up
    - Stretching
    - A Second Pulse Raiser
    - As explained up top a circuit, aerobic and beasting class
    - cool down

My qualification was gained on a weekend course and I am also qualified as a Fitness Instructor up to level 2...

If there is any Interest please reply to this post.

Thank You.

Andrew Henderson
    North Coast Leisure Centre
    Bettyhill
    By Thurso
    Caithness,

If you have any inquiries you can email me at... MacEanraig@live.com

I would definetly be interested if it is Thurso based! keep me posted if you decide to go ahead, thanks!

Thank you for your reply Kerry! I will do.. I am phoning around looking for venues at the current moment, so hopefully if all well and i can get interest, it should go ahead within a month maybe.

Im interested keep me informed

I'd be interested too. It would be quite good to have an exercise class straight after work, say 5.30

I'd be interested too! WIck would be easier for me but to be honest I'd consider travelling for it as I've enjoyed boxercise classes in the past.

Sounds good and as someone else said the earlier on in the evening the better.

i'd be interested if there was a Thurso class

Default Boxercise

This is great everyone.. I am in work tomorrow and I will get started on getting a class going on possibly a wednesday night!

Watch this space!!

Andrew.

I would be interested in joining your class. keep me updated

I'd definitely be interested too

Default Boxercise

Not long since read Paul Connelly's story! very intrigued to know what its all about and would definately be interested if in Thurso! More information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacEanraig View Post
    Hi all my name is Andrew Henderson and I have recently qualified as a Boxercise instructor and am looking to expand my classes into Caithness. Currently I have 1 class per week in Bettyhill but currently looking to see if there is any interest in Caithness for a class like this, equipment would be provided but class members can take their own stuff as well. The class will last around an hour and will introduce you to boxing techniques.. a quick note, Boxercise is for the purpose of fitness, not self defense or boxing training, therefore there will be no sparring.

Boxercise is fitness training to a boxing styled manner and consists of three kinds of classes:

1. Circuit Based Classes.
    2. Aerobic Classes.
    3. What is known by Boxercise as a ''Beasting'' class which is the toughest class.

I incorporate all these kinds into one class.

The class will involve

- A warm up
    - Stretching
    - A Second Pulse Raiser
    - As explained up top a circuit, aerobic and beasting class
    - cool down

My qualification was gained on a weekend course and I am also qualified as a Fitness Instructor up to level 2...

If there is any Interest please reply to this post.

Thank You.

Andrew Henderson
    North Coast Leisure Centre
    Bettyhill
    By Thurso
    Caithness,

If you have any inquiries you can email me at... MacEanraig@live.com

This seems to have died a death

I'd be interested. would prefer Wick though and only if it's a class of all abilities as I've never done it before!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Boxercise classes run on Monday nights in the Assembly Rooms Wick, there's a class at 6 - 7pm and one from 7 - 8pm, it's organised by Wick Swimming Pool and has to be pre-booked. Classes resume on Apr 16th. It's great excercise and my favourite fitness class.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Sorry all, not had a post up in a while, still venue hunting at the present moment, does anyone know of a day which would be the best day for all?

I would be Interested in a class in Thurso.

Hi there, did you ever get these classes up and running in Thurso? Are they still happening, if so where and when? Do the classes continue in the school holidays?

This is something I would love! Ive been searching for this kind of thing for awhile now! Hope you get a class up and running!

I would be well keen for this too. Seems like people are. Thurso would be excellent.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.