Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Play

apollo69 Guest

I'm not giving you the opportunity to dissect my every word and twist them to suit your own needs. As I stated previously you and I are not going to agree about this as you are coming from a completely different angle, so let's just leave it. If you can't figure out what I am getting at from previous posts then that's your problem.

I picked on the Birmingham example because it is topical.
    'Mob rule' is the backbone of our governmental system. Every four years (or so) we elect people to Parliament. The 'mob' with the biggest presence 'rules' until the next election.
    Nice One!!

However I was thinking more along the lines of Al Capone etc. No slight intended on any Sicilians

jjc

Having read all your posts on this subject at least once or twice (in some cases three times) to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying, or trying to say. I must respond. You are quick to criticise, but don't actually put your full views and opinions on the line.

Crash helmets, ethnic identity...what??? .who said that?.....I said British law being changed to suit an ethnic group. WHY

Ceremonial Knife, there was a case in the UK, although I have been to Quebec, ruddy cold this time of year!! I will try to find references.

I realise the girl is at the appeal court....(for the sake of brevity I did not go into detiails) should she be allowed to flaunt well established school rules or not???

I was intrigued by your last comment about "The future is quite safe in my hands".

With your attitude. the rudeness and the contempt you treat other contributors, I fear even more for the future. Maybe you are a Sikh who wasn't wearing their crash helmet and fell off their motorbike or did your jilbab get caught in the wheels??!! (joke, joke.... non offensive totally un PC attempt at ethnic humour)

I read with interest your profile on this messageboard, yes nothing there, I could have guessed.

Watch this space.... because in between this post and your last post there have been many good points raised and I have to consult my solicitor to see if I am allowed to write what probably millions of people feel but are too afraid to say. Meanwhile write a little profile about yourself on the board. Go on give us a clue where you are coming from!

In case you didn't recognise this post it involves sarcasm, irony and general pee-taking.

I will resond in depth though when you put forward your case to support the total integration, acceptance, mutual respect etc etc of all races and creeds in the UK. Do not sit on the fence now will you?????

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by apollo69
    I'm not giving you the opportunity to dissect my every word and twist them to suit your own needs. As I stated previously you and I are not going to agree about this as you are coming from a completely different angle, so let's just leave it. If you can't figure out what I am getting at from previous posts then that's your problem.
    Oh, I have a pretty good idea as to what you are getting at. Your refusal to voice your opinions for public scrutiny merely confirms it for me. Thanks.

jjc

I have not had the time or inkling to read your other 461 posts so excuse me if I have missed something, but what is this George W. Bush postscript to all your messages mean??

"There's no telling how many wars it will take to secure freedom in the homeland"

It is just like your last few posts, ambiguous, trying to be provocative and well, a little bit lacking in many ways!! i.e. it does not say whether you are pro George Dubya, against him, or well just a little bit confused.......pray tell which it is!!!

Not had time to do all my research yet, my database is not as efficient as yours, but the carrying of ceremonial weapons in schools is certainly mentioned in the DFES website.

apollo69 Guest

You've confirmed that you are a pompous clown who only listens to the bits he wants to. I have made my feelings quite clear, and just because you don't agree you get all uppity and try to score points by acting all clever. It's like being back at school, but then again I'm not convinced you're not still at school.

Oh and by the way, your earlier post whether you like it or not is a complete mess, with bits of text and quotes strewn all over the place. "Maybe I could spell everything out phonetically for you" - see what I mean. Acting all superior. It's impossible to have a sensible argument/discussion if you keep putting down other people's views.

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross
    You are quick to criticise, but don't actually put your full views and opinions on the line.
    What would you like to know? Unlike Apollo69 I don't have any qualms about voicing my opinions. Ask and you shall be answered.

Crash helmets, ethnic identity...what??? .who said that?.....I said British law being changed to suit an ethnic group. WHY
    First, and I feel this is an important point to make, I think you meant 'minority ethnic group'. ALL laws are formed and changed to suit an (or possibly several) ethnic group. I, and I guess from your attitude you, am fortunate enough to belong to the majority ethnic group on these fair Isles and, as such, the laws are usually written with me in mind.

Now that we have that out of the way… I don't have the figures for 1996 when the law was changed, but in 2001 there were 336,000 Sikhs in the UK. That's 336,000 people whose religious beliefs were 'overlooked' when the original legislation was introduced in 1993. Unless Sikhs being allowed to wear a Turban instead of a crash helmet when riding a motorbike somehow impacts upon you I believe that the question should not by "why?", rather it should be "why not?"

Ceremonial Knife, there was a case in the UK … I will try to find references.
    Good luck. Looking forward to reading all about it. In the mean time, here's mine.

Should she be allowed to flaunt well established school rules or not???
    Absolutely not. But then, she hasn't been allowed to flaunt (sic) school rules, has she. In fact, because she was in breach of school rules, she has not been allowed to attend classes since September 2002.

Your turn. Should she be denied the right to question rules that she believes are discriminatory?

I read with interest your profile on this messageboard, yes nothing there, I could have guessed. […] write a little profile about yourself on the board. Go on give us a clue where you are coming from!
    Oh, I see. You're one of those messageboarders. The type who believe it is necessary to share personal details with the whole world before your point of view is worth reading. It's strange. Normally people with that attitude use their names instead of pseudonyms.

I will resond in depth though when you put forward your case to support the total integration, acceptance, mutual respect etc etc of all races and creeds in the UK. Do not sit on the fence now will you?????
    Oh, that's easy. I support the total integration, acceptance and mutual respect of all races and creeds in the UK because I am neither arrogant nor ignorant enough to believe my race to be superior to any other.

I have not had the time or inkling to read your other 461 posts so excuse me if I have missed something, but what is this George W. Bush postscript to all your messages mean??

"There's no telling how many wars it will take to secure freedom in the homeland"

It is just like your last few posts, ambiguous, trying to be provocative and well, a little bit lacking in many ways!! i.e. it does not say whether you are pro George Dubya, against him, or well just a little bit confused.......pray tell which it is!!!
    A subject for a different thread perhaps? Get it started and I'll see you there.

Not had time to do all my research yet, my database is not as efficient as yours, but the carrying of ceremonial weapons in schools is certainly mentioned in the DFES website.
    Perhaps there's something wrong with my search? Maybe you can provide an actual link?

jjc Guest

I have made my feelings quite clear
    No, you haven't. What you've done is agree with Tip Top, agree with Brokencross and then refuse to give your own opinion.

Your own feelings are, I am afraid, a mystery.

It's impossible to have a sensible argument/discussion if you keep putting down other people's views.
    How could I possible put down your point of view? You haven't voiced it yet.

You seem quite confident that what you believe is sensible and true. I don't understand your reluctance to put your thoughts down in a post.

Oh and by the way, your earlier post whether you like it or not is a complete mess, with bits of text and quotes strewn all over the place.
    I guess that's what happens when there's more than one point to reply to. It saves me typing "and when you said" or "with regards to" repetitively. It also helps me to keep track of who I'm talking to in which post. I make no apologies for your inability to work out that what follows a quote is in response to that quote.

"Maybe I could spell everything out phonetically for you" - see what I mean. Acting all superior.
    Not at all, it was a genuine offer.

sikhs? they don't like us putting up xmas decorations because their religion doesn't agree with it. they take theatre away from us? what next?

if we asked them to take of their turbans, would they do it?

we fold too easily, we need to stand up against them.

apollo69 Guest

jjc - I've posted this at the start, and stand by it. It's fairly self-explanatory but if you need some help ask your english teacher at school tomorrow.

"I have no problem with people from different ethnic cultures living here, but they should be required to adapt as much as possible to our way of life, and certainly not vice versa as seems to be the case."

That means they adopt the British culture rather than expect us to change to suit them. I really don't see what you are getting your knickers in such a twist for really.

Go on act all pompous again and ask me to put it into a 1000 word essay or something. It's there very simple and very easy to understand and was there from the start.

What an attention seeking clown.

jjc Guest

That means they adopt the British culture rather than expect us to change to suit them. I really don't see what you are getting your knickers in such a twist for really.

Go on act all pompous again and ask me to put it into a 1000 word essay or something. It's there very simple and very easy to understand and was there from the start.
    You see, you know exactly where the problem lies with your statement. It's not got any substance. It's a nonsense.

I don't want 1000 words. As many as you can muster will suffice. What part of 'British culture' are you losing because of multiculturalism? Surely, as you so adamantly believe that it is being eroded, you can point to just one example?

What an attention seeking clown.
    Can we get this over and done with? Just call me a "PC policeman" and get it out of your system. Once you have, can we try and stick to actually discussing this issue rather than hiding behind infantile name-calling? And to think, you thought I was still at school.

jjc

The Dfes section on ceremonial knives is : http://www.dfes.gov.uk/schoolsecurity/dwtannexf.shtml

Regarding integration, it is very difficult to do so when many of the immigrants choose to set up home in already well established Asian, Afro Carribean etc communities and then exist as if they were still in their country of origin. I appreciate there are some bigots around who will not give any person of a different colour the time of day, but you must admit the actions of certain members of minority ethnic groups cause bad feelings which do not lend themselves to harmonious integration, Abul Hamza being a rather extreme but classic example. Do you think that all immigrants should learn to speak English??

As regards your personal details, I couldn't give a hoot. An age group, your sex, country of birth would be good enough. Up to you , if you are too ashamed or secretive that is your choice.

Re the schoolgirl and the jilbab, I repeat the dress code was already in place so where is the discrimination. It is blatantly a challenge to set a precedent and then where will it stop.

Do you consider me a racist because I do not hold the same totally liberal views as yourself regarding race, integration and treatment of immigrants.

George W. Bush says jump....Tony Blair says how high and which way???

jjc You need to get out more often

Jeez you certainly know how to spoil a subject

Default Nail... head...

George W. Bush says jump....Tony Blair says how high and which way???
    Ah, perhaps you ought to go and read a few posts of jjc's after all.

Or did you actually intend to agree with jjc on something?

apollo69 Guest

He sure needs to get a life. He must spend hours putting all this rubbish together, and still doesn't read what others post.

jjc - I've said what I wanted to say on the subject, and have no need to justify myself to any attention seeking saddo who doesn't happen to agree with my thoughts. You are making it up as you go along. "What part of 'British culture' are you losing because of multiculturalism? Surely, as you so adamantly believe that it is being eroded" - Where did you dig that out from? They're certainly not my words. You're that high up on your soapbox you have lost the whole point. Which is and still is in my first post, and it is very simple and straightforward. There are enough examples in this thread to be going on with, or do I have to have them in my own words?

I'm bored with your pompous outbursts now. Must go and annoy some other numpty now.

Drutt
    OOOPPS, I certainly didn't intend agreeing with jjc......just goes to show we all make mistakes, eh!
    I wish I was perfection personnified like some of the posters on this site, instead I am just a self opinionated thicko.

Apollo69

Don't get riled by jjc... you stick by your guns, your opinions are as valued as everyone elses. Just because they are not agreed with does not make them wrong or less valid.

apollo69 Guest

Thank you brokencross - I intend to. There's few (just a few mind) posters on here that will not accept that some people can think for themselves and are prepared to stand up for what they think is right. If you stray from the official line, you are branded as racist, homophobic,sexist, bigoted etc. You can't have a debate with them though because they are not listening, they are already telling you you are wrong.

nice one apollo. i couldn't agree more. he's always like that

squidge wrote
    I think if a school adopts a uniform then it should be flexible to allow peple to adapt it to their faith. headscarves, trousers whatever should all be accomodated. This isnt being PC its being flexible and tolerant.
    If a uniform becomes flexible to suit peoples religion then by definition it ceases to be a uniform?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

jjc wrote
    What part of 'British culture' are you losing because of multiculturalism?
    Doesn't British culture include the Rule of Law where the Law applies equally to all its citizens?

How come Sikhs are exempt to the law relating to crash helmuts?

Anyway, a little history lesson.

200 years ago, the British usurped the Indian ruling classes with the sole intention of creating money and 'Little Brown Englishmen'.

British culture has the greatest ability to get the the best out of other cultures and make them our own.

We are actually a country of tolerance, so much so that people of the Dominions have the right to live here and they do so in droves.

Ironically, the 'Little Brown Englishmen' that they actually will create will be their own descendants, but I doubt if that was their intention!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast