Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Imac User needs Help

Quote Originally Posted by phil_moonbeam View Post
    i use both pc runnin windows 7 and a apple power book g4 runnin 10x the mac is far better runs quicker dont get viruses much easier to use once you get use to it when i change win 7 pc im looking for a mac to replace it too
    I prefer Linux but I see nothing wrong technically with Windows or OSX/Mac I've supported both professionally and even use Windows for gaming, Windows is also better for some server configurations. There are OSX viruses BTW. There just aren't a lot because it only has a 3% market share and the return on investment is pretty low right now. So many virus infections are caused by users not knowing what they are doing (on both Windows and OSX/Mac). It's a people problem that can't be solved by a technical solution. See my comments on hardware and typical configurations etc.

i have a mac g4 powerbook its far better than most pc based laptops especially for music or photo applications im selling mine as i fancy a mac desktop now a g5 with dualcore with about 16gb of ram and 2 x 2tb hardrives for all my music apps to be honest i would never have a pc based machine again
    BORN TO BE FREE AND WILD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123