Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sutherland Bros..and The Poles!

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner View Post
    Assuming makes an ass of you and ming.
    Again, I have very specifically stated that I do not know the Sutherland Bros situation but I know that for First Bus in Aberdeen, there policy is that Poles apply on the same conditions as any other Scotsman, Englishman or whoever.

ID rather it was only open to scot/british people to apply for jobs!...offcourse im a patriot!.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
    I know of many people in caithness who are unemployed,some have never even had a job since leaving school(quite simply because there was no jobs),yet whilst browsing through www.suthbros.co.uk i see they have 3 poles on there team!!!.I thought charity began at home,im sitting here asking myself are caithness people lazy(glass factory/norfrost/etc) all these people who worked there were thrown on the dole,and here we have a local employer employing poles before locals.(did the poles have extra long arms,is that how they got the job?.Or is it cheap labour for one of wicks major employers?.500,000 poles have flooded into the uk,many with criminal convictions,down here in london,there undercutting everyone in the building buisness/retail sector,dodgy employers are paying them half what uk norm is.Yet we havent got a problem with immigrant workers flooding our shores!!!...taking british jobs from underneath our noses,i had a nice young polish computer scientist renting me spare room for 4 months,polite,hard working,and honest(excellent hacker too).He told me poles on average earn £50-100 per week in warsaw,gordon brown tells me"poles are an asset to our industry"and they help our economy!all the money the poles make goes back to poland!.!.Charity begins at home gordon,help our own first i say.He also told me many poles shoplift,and drunken driving is the norm in poland(much worse booze problem than scotland).Immigrants take there attitudes with them into there host country,and that cant be good. www.migrationwatchuk.org scottish companies should be ashamed of themselves employing poles at the expense of the locals/scots!!,and dont tell me no wickers applied for the jobs. cheers scotsman
    I hear what you're saying, but could you just clear something up for me. Are you cheesed off that the poles are nabbing the jobs from scots only or from Brits in general?
    This may be an obvious thing to you but one minute you seem to be saying that the jobs should go to wickers and the scots and the next you're moaning that they're taking the jobs from Brits.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you on this one.
    I have nothing against other nationalities whatsoever but I do think that there is a serious danger of this country becoming inhabited by any other nationality other than brits - we'll be gradually forced out.

I don't blame the foreigners though, they're just doing what anyone else in their position would do in the pursuit of a better life. I blame the goverment, we don't have enough restrictions on foreigners entering this country and working here (legally or illegally) and all available jobs in this country should be given to Brits wherever possible.
    It's a sad fact that our youngsters are going to have to start looking at jobs far, far away from home nowadays as they just cannot compete with the influx of foreigners and the pittance half of them are willing to work for.
    It's an even sadder fact that Enoch Powell and his 'rivers of blood' speech wasn't given more credance some 38 years ago.
    What was the answer to his factual speech? Remove him from cabinet, call him rascist and instill a fear in everyone about actually daring to speak out in concern of the future of our own country.
    Happens everyday!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

wickers first/scots second/brits third!....i dont want no poles in uk,our own unemployed could be helped to get jobs in london and the like by uk gov,paying rent etc,much cheaper than long term unemployment!.

ID rather it was only open to scot/british people to apply for jobs!...offcourse im a patriot!.
    And by implying that some Polish people are more fit to certain jobs than certain members of our unemployed, I am unpatriotic? It's my very patrioism that makes me want to see these people kicked up the bum for not having the nonce to compete with the foreigners in the first place!

It does not make me feel patriotic, however, to think that Poles feel they can come over here and compete on a level with Scottish people. It makes me feel a bit ashamed to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by midi2304 View Post
    And by implying that some Polish people are more fit to certain jobs than certain members of our unemployed, I am unpatriotic? It's my very patrioism that makes me want to see these people kicked up the bum for not having the nonce to compete with these foreigners in the first place!

It does not make me feel patriotic, however, to think that Poles feel they can come over here and compete on a level with Scottish people. It makes me feel a bit ashamed to be honest.
    help our own first!

I have already told you in a previous post about my Dad. People should not just expect 'help' when they are unemployed. Why should they? You think it breeds a better standard of people and nation if we just help everyone as soon as they get into bother? A bit of backbone and hard work are what a lot of these people need to learn.

Why on Earth should we be offering assistance to people who potential Scottish employers believe aren't up to the standards of an Eastern European? These people need to get real and learn that they shouldn't expect a nice life with a nice job, nice car and all the added bonuses, handed to them on a plate.

I think you confuse Patriotism and Xenophobia.

Okay,not help "a shove in the right direction",wouldnt you help your own family,before others?Come to london lad,see diversity/pc/and all the benefits of forced immigration first hand.Crime run by immigrants,prostitution run by immigrants,drug dealing and killing by the jamacian "yardies".Hitmen supplied by the bulgarian drugs cartels,black market labour fueled by immigrant/employer greed.1 bedroom flats to rent in london starting at 600pcm...and we aint got a problem.

now tell me this..
    are you saying just the polish should not be given jobs.. or is it a case of all immigrants?
    hmm should i not be able to work here because i am an american?
    because i married and came here?
    lets see.. i could be really nasty and say a load of "YOUR KIND"
    has gone to the united states of america.. looking for work and better lives.
    maybe the US should kick out all the scots and brits that have moved there.. oh yeah and maybe canada and austraila should do the same.. as YOU SCOTS are taking jobs away from.. would be could be hard working locals..
    now after saying that..
    aheemmm, variety is the spice of life.
    and dont start typing furiously guys.. i do not belive any of the things i have just typed.
    just using it as an example of biggotry.. ect.. ect...
    dosent sound as nice when the shoe is on the other foot.
    if someone is qualified for a job. and is a responsible hard worker.. then good for them.
    *grins*
    http://itqueries.com/

I have already told you in a previous post about my Dad. People should not just expect 'help' when they are unemployed. Why should they? You think it breeds a better standard of people and nation if we just help everyone as soon as they get into bother? A bit of backbone and hard work are what a lot of these people need to learn.

Why on Earth should we be offering assistance to people who potential Scottish employers believe aren't up to the standards of an Eastern European? These people need to get real and learn that they shouldn't expect a nice life with a nice job, nice car and all the added bonuses, handed to them on a plate.
    What about the unemployment rate in caithness as a whole when there are plenty of jobs in caithness, i.e, sutherland bros, norfrost and wick creel factory to name a few, that have been given to eastern europeans, is it right for this to happen because you think all the unemployed in caithness are too lazy or have no backbone or are incapable of doing these jobs because that is exactly how you are coming across?

hmm and i guess there are no "bad" brits out there?
    and here i was thinking all these little hooligans running loose terrorisng old ladies.. and getting asbo's left right and center.. in the news and papers every day were brittish.. silly me.. i must have been wrong .. and if there were one or two brit. kids.. they must have been led astray by the evil forign rubble

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    now tell me this..
    are you saying just the polish should not be given jobs.. or is it a case of all immigrants?
    hmm should i not be able to work here because i am an american?
    because i married and came here?
    lets see.. i could be really nasty and say a load of "YOUR KIND"
    has gone to the united states of america.. looking for work and better lives.
    maybe the US should kick out all the scots and brits that have moved there.. oh yeah and maybe canada and austraila should do the same.. as YOU SCOTS are taking jobs away from.. would be could be hard working locals..
    now after saying that..
    aheemmm, variety is the spice of life.
    and dont start typing furiously guys.. i do not belive any of the things i have just typed.
    just using it as an example of biggotry.. ect.. ect...
    dosent sound as nice when the shoe is on the other foot.
    if someone is qualified for a job. and is a responsible hard worker.. then good for them.
    *grins*
    ID rather we help our own first!...

amazing you still didnt answer the question.. you sidestepped it.
    and when asked if you were taking a job away from a english person you laughed and make a remark about them all being immigrants.. surley there are some english left in england?

In my opinion, the best person for the job should be hired, regardless of race, gender, nationality, what have you.

Okay,not help "a shove in the right direction",wouldnt you help your own family,before others?Come to london lad,see diversity/pc/and all the benefits of forced immigration first hand.Crime run by immigrants,prostitution run by immigrants,drug dealing and killing by the jamacian "yardies".Hitmen supplied by the bulgarian drugs cartels,black market labour fueled by immigrant/employer greed.1 bedroom flats to rent in london starting at 600pcm...and we aint got a problem.
    lol - you are now talking about something completely different. You are discussing illegal immigrants / asylum seekers / etc. I do not want to see foreign people in Scottish jobs before Scotsmen. Far from it - it makes me ashamed. If people come over here from any other country, legitimately and above the law, I'd like to think that our standards of education and tenacity as a nation and a people would ensure that all jobs went to Scotsmen either way.

We need to realise that these people are not coming over here and TAKING our jobs. They are being OFFERED these jobs, a lot of the time, by Scotsmen because they are seen as a better alternative.

That make you feel patriotic, Scotsman?

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner View Post
    What about the unemployment rate in caithness as a whole when there are plenty of jobs in caithness, i.e, sutherland bros, norfrost and wick creel factory to name a few, that have been given to eastern europeans, is it right for this to happen because you think all the unemployed in caithness are too lazy or have no backbone or are incapable of doing these jobs because that is exactly how you are coming across?
    I do not know, for the millionth time, the specifics of each of the situations above. If the Poles were competing for the same jobs at the same wages then good on them and shame on the locals who did not get them.

If the playing levels were NOT level, the shame on the very people who employed them - the working class people of Caithness. Do not preach when it is your own who are causing your downfall.
    Last edited by midi2304; 30-Oct-06 at 20:46.

lol - you are now talking about something completely different. You are discussing illegal immigrants / asylum seekers / etc. I do not want to see foreign people in Scottish jobs before Scotsmen. Far from it - it makes me ashamed. If people come over here from any other country, legitimately and above the law, I'd like to think that our standards of education and tenacity as a nation and a people would ensure that all jobs went to Scotsmen either way.

We need to realise that these people are not coming over here and TAKING our jobs. They are being OFFERED these jobs, a lot of the time, by Scotsmen because they are seen as a better alternative.

That make you feel patriotic, Scotsman?
    Dont you care about the hundreds of thousands that are on the dole in scotland?hundreds in wick thurso?
    They are being offered jobs,no doubt at a much lower rate to,by greedy scotsmen!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    amazing you still didnt answer the question.. you sidestepped it.
    and when asked if you were taking a job away from a english person you laughed and make a remark about them all being immigrants.. surley there are some english left in england?
    Very few english in london(white flight they call it)id come back to wick if there was a job,but what chance have i got,if employers wanna employ more educated eastern europeans?

Dont you care about the hundreds of thousands that are on the dole in scotland?hundreds in wick thurso?
    They are being offered jobs,no doubt at a much lower rate to,by greedy scotsmen!
    Are you not listening to a word that is said! Of course I care!

The situation in Caithness is either one of the following;

1) Everything was done legitimately and the Poles were just considered 'better' than the locals who applied for the positions.

2) The local buisnessmen are corrupt and they went for the cheap as possible option and employed the Poles.

Either way, it's not great is it? No wonder you're now working in London and I'm in Aberdeen.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast