Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Get your wellies out again

Default Get your wellies out again

Ok folks, sorry, but guess what!
    yup it's going to rain again, and again, and again, for about the next 36 hours continuosly so again the already water laden ditches dykes rivers streams burns and brooks may be a little too full to cope with whats coming, and to add insult to injury on tuesday morning we are due some high winds again (am reckoning on a steady 50mph gusting to maybe 90mph again) from the north or north westerly direction, so make sure you have anything loose tied down.

sorry, i'll crawl back into my corner now as i can see you didn't want to know this.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Thanks for that Paula; good job I didn't put my wellies away!

I like the rain But I hate wind AND rain together

Tuggs - not exactly what we wanted to hear - but appreciate the warning anyhow. Contrary to popular belief, here on Caithness.org, we do not shoot the messenger

Have to agree with you Jeid.

Don't mind rain but both together is a pain.

Thanks Tugmistress for the warning.

Thanks for that Tuggs, was just thinking how lucky we were to have been out of the county for the last lot, having come back yesterday and driven through 3 puddles all the way up, we would not have believed how bad it was but for all the great pics posted on here.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I am just hoping i am wrong! but it seems likely to be the case unfortunately as it is so close.
    away to ma bed now, on earlies tomorrow, sleep tight and sorry again to bring bad news.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Well Tuggs, what can I say? It's like this, where I come from, we not only shoot the messenger but we rip their arms off first!

Thanks for the advanced warning though, I might not like it but I don't think the weather will bother about that in the least!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Default Get your wellies out again

Tuggs i wont it be as bad as what they are saying on this site

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...zipcode=thurso

Highlander - Metcheck is the site I use when Im checking the weather before I go golfing, so I check it quite a lot. By experience when using metcheck- add on 10 mph to the wind eveytime.
    But it is a good day for flying a kite wearing a wetsuit.

LOL acameron..wheest I'm investing in a set o' thermals an' a wet suit before I come north agin!

Tuggy its been pouring here since last night.The hills are misty looking but there's a wind how can that happen?
    Dont see any sign of it stopping.Poor Wish I daren't phone her,the weather has been so wet at this rate she'll be swimming back south.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Thankfully the rain has held off up here cuddlepop - i am so very glad i was wrong about that, though it was quite wet during the night. I don't know about the rest of the county though. The wind is due later tonight and i am hoping to get my windy thing back up its pole in the next hour or so
    regarding the mist with a wind, is it actual mist or is it drizzling rain in the wind? drizzle will look like a mist over the hills/mountains and it can still be windy
    hope you are not too wet
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Its been raining now for 12 solid hours,Skye's use to it but we've forgotton how wet November can be as its been dry for so many winters.I know its only October but for argument sake lets call it November.
    The rain is that fine mist so thats why it looks so foggy.
    Computer lesson,weather forecast lesson and a bit about church legislation and I never moved from the forum once.Now thats clever
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Red face

more water?! is everybody still afloat? council will have to hand out armbands to everyone soon! but .. tugmistress well done you! we wont shoot the messenger you get it right where many weather forecasters fail

More rain????Oh noooooooooooooo.......my arms are still sore fae the last time!!!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho