Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Getting a rabbit spayed?

Default Getting a rabbit spayed?

I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how much it'll be to get a rabbit spayed at the thurso veterinary practise?

thanks

Got my rabbit done in Wick was about £60, that was 3 yrs ago.

Not too sure about Thurso, but mine in Tain was £69 each last Summer.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Depends on the size of the rabbit and as I assume you are talking about a female bunny I would imagine it would be at least twice what we paid to get our boys done at £70 ish.
    Why dont you phone and find out the ball park figure for the weight of your rabbits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Depends on the size of the rabbit and as I assume you are talking about a female bunny I would imagine it would be at least twice what we paid to get our boys done at £70 ish.
    Why dont you phone and find out the ball park figure for the weight of your rabbits?
    Wow, that seems high! Or was that £70 for both boys in total?

I agree, phoning is the best way. Make sure the price includes pain relief for after surgery.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Hi

Its a standard £45ish for the spay but then its the medicines for the operation and aftercare, the doses vary on the size ish but all 4 of mine, boys, have been spayed and they ranged from £70 to £86 as i have rabbits ranging from 2.7kg to 4kg they were done in Wick

I have only had no issues with any and back to binkying in less than a week, its best to get them done if they are housebuns as the boys stay litter trained and dont spray, and the girls go mad nest making, aggressive and it helps to avoid cancer

Hope that helps in making your decision. The vet up here are really great you can put money on your account when you can and then when you have enough get the bun done. I did this with one of my boys and put £20 and there then got him done and was short by £10 so paid that when i picked him up. Talk to the vets they are really great with things like this work it out with them

Deanne
    New website for the Arts http://www.highlandartshub.freeforums.org Its Free and Its full of the latest arts news in Caithness and Highlands

No it was a boy bunny!
    Spot.
    He is supposed to be a dwarf lopped, but is quite big for a bunny.