Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Blackcap Warblers

Default Blackcap Warblers

Both female and male seen in the garden. Desperately tried to get a photo but the light was getting bad!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Nice one, I had a lovely female in my garden for a few weeks last November, she loved apples chopped in half. Catherine saw some last Sunday between Shebster and Broubster, both female and male. I have never seen a male myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Nice one, I had a lovely female in my garden for a few weeks last November, she loved apples chopped in half. Catherine saw some last Sunday between Shebster and Broubster, both female and male. I have never seen a male myself.
    Catherine also had a male visit regularly during November. Only seen it once this month though. Set all the apples outside the patio doors but still didn't get a photo !

Saw the female once in November.

Although haven't seen either for a few weeks the apples are gathering quite a number of blackbirds now. Enjoyed no less than 12 early yesterday morning in the back garden and a single thrush and one robin.

I have set the alarm for early am tomorrow so hopefully weather will allow a little birdwatching.

Rin
    Thanks
    Catherine