Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Favourite Films

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favourite Films

Im Wondering What Some People's Favourite Movies Are. I Love Avatar, Pirates Of The Caribbeans, Lord Of The Rings, Due Date, From Paris With Love, Jersey Girl, Clerks II, Chasing Amy, Mallrats, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, The Crazies, Transformers, Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen & Transformers Dark Of The Moon, The Reaping, Rango, Sleepy Hollow, Paul, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Gladiator, Titanic, The Chronciles Of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, The Chronciles Of Narnia : Prince Caspian, The Chronicles Of Narnia : The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, Alice In Wonderland (2010 Version), The Book Of Eli, Machete, Horrible Bosses, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, RED, Twilight, Twilight : New Moon, Twilight : Eclipse, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Green Hornet, King Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2, The Fast & The Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, The Fast & The Furious : Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast & Furious 5, The Devils Rejects, Harry Brown, The Green Mile, Men Of Honour, Ghost, The Punisher & The Punisher War Zone, Who Framed Rodger Rabbit, I Would Go On But I Could Go On Forever

My top 5:
    The Prestige- Vivid period styling, great cast (David Bowie as Nikola Tesla in particular), and the 'NO WAY HOW DID I NOT FIGURE THAT OUT' ending.
    The Dark Knight- Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is Oscar-worthy, especially the 'why so serious' monologue. The visuals are stunning and it's just so wonderfully dark.
    Inception- How Nolan managed to get Hollywood to invest in something this clever and complex when Transformers and the Twilight saga make so much money is beyond me. Cleverest film of the last decade.
    Pirates of the Caribbean- Curse of the Black Pearl- Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow is a great character, and the original POTC is by far the best. Brilliant dialogue, and from before Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner got really, really annoying.
    Moon- An independent film which proves that you don't need a huge budget to make a great film, so long as you have a good idea.

Not seen The Prestige, I agree that The Dark Knight is an amazing film, im not a fan of the old batman films with Geroge Clooney & Val Kilmer but this one is amazing, i cannot wait for The Dark Knight Rises. I have not seen Inception but i do have it downloaded, its to confusing by the looks of it for me but i personally like Twilight & Transformers, I like all the Pirates Of The Caribbeans Films but i think On Stranger Tides is the best, Jack Sparrow is the life blood of the film franchise i just do not Orlando Bloom & Kiera Knightly, as good as all the films are i just dont like them

The Crow, The Matrix, Suckerpunch, Senna, Aliens, The Thing, Donnie Darko, Predator, Taken, The Big Lebowski to name but a few.

Ed Wood - Love the constant positive attitude!
    Alien - A truly atmospheric movie with a truly menacing creature!
    Carnival of Souls - Another atmospheric movie, Herk Harvey's one and only masterpiece.
    Wolf Creek - Just as a reminder of how disgusting man can be!
    Airplane - Because I see new things in it each time I see it!
    Die Hard - Just because Bruce Willis keeps going!
    Final Destiny - Because I like the idea of the order of death!
    Terminator - Because the machine is so relentless!
    Shawshank Redemtion - Just to see the realisation on the governors face!
    Cabaret - Love Fosseys choreography.

Angel...
    I'm not perfect, which is a shame really, as everyone else is!

Beerfest, Eurotrip, Slammin Salmon, Wild Wild West, Semi-pro, All the star trek, all the star wars and also Boondock saints and boondock saints 2 (all saints day)
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

one of my favourites is on TV tonight on Film 4 Das Boot
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

3 of my favourite films are Ip Man - based on the life of the Wing chun master (who taught Bruce Lee), Wheels on Meals - Jackie Chan classic and of course, Blues Brothers

1. From Paris With Love
    2. The Dark Knight
    3.Taken

Could watch them any amount of times and never get bored of them!
    Good-bye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart's the memory and there you'll always be

I am a big fan of Tim Burton, I like the way he makes films. He has a very distinct and original style that I really like, some of my favourites are Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride. I like these stop motion films they are wonderfully done it is a really clever way of story telling, and these two films are just brilliant. Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory are also very good too!! I like Danny Elfmans soundtracks they have a unique style to,

I also like Ridley Scott, he makes really epic films. Gladiator Kingdom of Heaven & Legend Robin Hood are among my favourites visually stunning films.

Rare Exports A Christmas Tale by Finnish Director Jalmari Helander is a film I would like to see it looks very funny

Troll Hunter by Andrč Řvredal is a great film and very well made too it looks really believable in how they made the film.
    "Or perhaps they had invisible writing unknown to ordinary trolls"

My favourite list is a little different to what I think the best five movies of all time would be but here are my personal faves in no particular order:

My Neighbour Totoro
    Ghostbusters
    Top Gun
    Empire Strikes Back
    Blade Runner