Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Advert  
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Banned on facebook caithness local ads

  1. #1

    Default Banned on facebook caithness local ads

    I got banned today from facebook caithness local ads just for being on this site, and found for no reason i was removed and without no explanation. I didn't brake any rules either.
    I was buying from people and nothing less. Why oh why does this thing happen because the administrator does not like your name or because you have dealings with other sites which she does not like.
    How many more of you out there have had the same happen.
    Do you think the site should be removed fully.
    Or perhaps you have other ideas about the site in mention.

    i have found that caithness org is the best of all the sites around for being run correctly and without victimisation for passing on decent information.
    dz4d.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Firstly you've contradicted yourself - you say you were banned 'just for being on this site' then go on to say you were banned with 'no explanation'. So how can you be sure about your reason for being banned?

    Secondly, like many other sites which are free, they have the right to remove anyone, for whatever reason, or no reason if they so wish. Such sites take a great deal of time to manage, especially when there is no financial reward for doing so. As a former Mod here I know how much time I spent trying to keep things running smoothly, and can only guess how much time a full admin role requires. Indeed when asked if I was interested in assisting the admin of Local Ads, I was quick to point out that I didn't relish performing that sort of role again, nor did I have the time to do so anyway.

    There are many people on Local Ads selling items both there and here on the Org - it's quite easy to spot them as the text and pictures are usually the same - so I refuse to believe you were removed for that reason only. I also don't think that removing the site (if that is even possible - so long as they're not breaking Facebook's rules) is warranted as most who use it have only praise for the admin of those pages and the way they are run.

    Also , whenever I've felt there to be an issue, I have raised it with the admin of the group by PM (not openly as many seem to prefer or think appropriate) and there's never been any indication that they are anything other than grateful for the feedback.

    You mention 'victimisation for passing on decent information', but maybe what you consider to be decent and what the site admin thinks differs, or maybe it's more about the way you passed on the information, but I very much doubt your ban was for the reasons you gave.
    dz4d.com
    Last edited by Bobinovich; 21-Dec-11 at 19:59. Reason: Punctuation!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viking954 View Post
    I got banned today from facebook caithness local ads just for being on this site, and found for no reason i was removed and without no explanation. I didn't brake any rules either.
    I was buying from people and nothing less. Why oh why does this thing happen because the administrator does not like your name or because you have dealings with other sites which she does not like.
    How many more of you out there have had the same happen.
    Do you think the site should be removed fully.
    Or perhaps you have other ideas about the site in mention.

    i have found that caithness org is the best of all the sites around for being run correctly and without victimisation for passing on decent information.
    Are you seriously claiming that you've been banned from Facebook's Caithness local ads because you are also a member of this forum??

    I find that incredible and would like to see the evidence supporting your claim.

  4. #4

    Default Banned on facebook caithness local ads

    Hi Bob
    Sorry if I confused you with my message, I do sometimes run ahead of my brain when typing.
    I have just found out the reason why I was banned, because my Step-daughter has a site on facebook and has put me and her mother as administrators for her site, her mother has also been banned for the same reason, which seems mighty trivial as we dont have anything to do with the site until she is away on holiday, then just to keep it ticking over until her return.
    I will take your advise and contact facebook and lodge a complaint with them about he way the site is being run and hope for a fair outcome.
    It is not fair to be banned for reasons only known to the administrators of this site without contacting that person first.
    My wife got contacted by email, I still await my contact which will never happen.
    I enjoy looking on all the sites for different things of interest and now cannot do so.
    I hope that we can all enjoy the good sites and get rid of the bad ones.

  5. #5

    Default

    The main reason is because my step-daughter has her own site on facebook and myself and her mother as administrators.
    Because of that we got removed. My wife got the reason in an email I still await to see mine lol.
    A lot of people have been removed just lately from this site.


    HERE IS MESSAGE MY WIFE GOT

    am sorry hun. i know we were friends but have had to remove you from the sites. you and hubby are admin on her sites and I feel there could very well be split loyalties. I am sorry to lose your friendship and I REALLY do mean that.


    and I do understand she is your daughter after all x

    This was all the message my wife got through,she replyied back but heard nothing.
    Last edited by viking954; 21-Dec-11 at 20:34. Reason: added message

  6. Default

    Your real name isnt Bill Murray is it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viking954 View Post
    Hi Bob
    Sorry if I confused you with my message, I do sometimes run ahead of my brain when typing.
    I have just found out the reason why I was banned, because my Step-daughter has a site on facebook and has put me and her mother as administrators for her site, her mother has also been banned for the same reason, which seems mighty trivial as we dont have anything to do with the site until she is away on holiday, then just to keep it ticking over until her return.
    I will take your advise and contact facebook and lodge a complaint with them about he way the site is being run and hope for a fair outcome.
    It is not fair to be banned for reasons only known to the administrators of this site without contacting that person first.
    My wife got contacted by email, I still await my contact which will never happen.
    I enjoy looking on all the sites for different things of interest and now cannot do so.
    I hope that we can all enjoy the good sites and get rid of the bad ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by viking954 View Post
    The main reason is because my step-daughter has her own site on facebook and myself and her mother as administrators.
    Because of that we got removed. My wife got the reason in an email I still await to see mine lol.
    A lot of people have been removed just lately from this site.
    So now you are in a position to retract your original statement which blamed your membership here as a reason for having been banned from the Facebook site?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Watten
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Facebook fight...Why carry it over to the org???
    facebook fights should stay as facebook fights!
    Getting your facts right might help too....saves looking a bit silly later on when you have to retract what you said/typed earlier.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Facebook fight...Why carry it over to the org???
    facebook fights should stay as facebook fights!
    Getting your facts right might help too....saves looking a bit silly later on when you have to retract what you said/typed earlier.
    Thanks Dadie, I was beginning to think I was the only one who was missing the point here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Facebook exercises next to the arc silent. Facebook shows the designated hassle into a suppressed royal. Tesco retains facebook. The retaining altogether dreads tesco. When will tesco colour? Inside the climbing objective faints the moral contest.
    Last edited by Phill; 21-Dec-11 at 20:28. Reason: It all seems a bit random to me.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MY IMAGINATION
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Facebook exercises next to the arc silent. Facebook shows the designated hassle into a suppressed royal. Tesco retains facebook. The retaining altogether dreads tesco. When will tesco colour? Inside the climbing objective faints the moral contest.
    ??????????????????
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

  12. #12

    Default

    Moira
    I didn't say for being on facebook just as I stated at first its Facebook Caithness local ads I was talking about.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    ??????????????????
    That was my thought to the rest of the thread.
    I'm trying to well up enough energy to be outraged but then I'm not quite sure what I would be outraged about.....or on behalf of.


  14. #14

    Default

    Many members from the org use this facebook page and got kicked off for nothing other than telling the truth, mine was just for being a Mod. Why?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viking954 View Post
    I will take your advise and contact facebook and lodge a complaint with them about he way the site is being run and hope for a fair outcome.
    If you re-read my post you will see that I did not advise you to contact Facebook, I simply said that if the admin of that page wish to ban you then they have the right to do so for whatever reason they see fit - so long as they are operating the page within the rules drawn out by Facebook then Facebook are unlikely to take any action against them.

    Now you are in receipt of the reason - i.e. that you are admin of (I'm led to believe) a competing 'free local advertising' type page - then you will find out for yourself how much work is involved in running such a page, and can likewise ban (as you will) folk when liberties are taken with your page (as they will be).

    The reason many people have been removed from the Local Ads site recently was due to a very public witch-hunt. While I agree that the person who had been selling goods described as 'local' and 'handmade' (when they were actually being purchased from Ebay and resold) was in the wrong in doing so, anyone having a complaint about that person should have gone through admin to have said person's membership examined, rather than resorting to accusations, name calling, and even threats by a vocal minority of the membership, many of whom were more annoyed at having been sucked in by her 'scam'.



  16. #16

    Default

    All this is to do eveyone within Caithness not just facebook

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts