Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Portland Arms Hotel, Lybster

Default The Portland Arms Hotel, Lybster

Just a notice to say the Portland Arms hotel is now under new management.

They have space for Christmas Day lunch (there had been a post which I read a few weeks ago to say they were fully booked on Christmas Day - this is not the case). There is also availability for summer weddings in 2012.

I was in today and the new management team left a very positive impression. As always, friendly and welcoming staff too and it is looking lovely and festive with welcoming fires!

I wish the new management every success.

Had a great meal there on Saturday night. Try it. It's good.

had a meal there once best lamb i have ever tasted

On behalf of the management I would like to personally thank Chef Andy Green from Wick, for stepping in at very short notice today for the Christmas period as the previous chef is out of action due to an accident.

Andy is a fantastic Chef with a wealth of experience; he has worked in many top restaurants’ in the UK, and also worked locally at Ackergill Tower. Thank you Andy. There are still a few places left for Christmas Day contact 01593 721 721 to book

When we had the power cuts the other week the Portland arms staff called around the village"Lybster" offering to fill flasks with boiling water for anyone experiencing hardship....I think its called community spirit...well done Portland arms.

Thank you for your comment offcomedun. The new management want to encourage more local trade. They have some great ideas that I am sure will benefit the local community. There is also a new pool table to try out and a new menu that will not break the bank. Its worth a shot.