Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mobile Phones and Internet Speeds

Default Mobile Phones and Internet Speeds

My current contract with o2 is about to expire, and was looking at another provider. I am intrested to hear what would be the best internet speed provider would be on a mobile phone. Three is claiming the best, can anyone confirm that?
    Or is there a better provider out there
    "As Hamlet said to Macbeth in a mid summers night dream.........we've been done up like a couple of kippers". Delboy

Anyone use the 3 network?
    "As Hamlet said to Macbeth in a mid summers night dream.........we've been done up like a couple of kippers". Delboy

It rather depends where you are. In Thurso, Orange was ok. The last I heard 3 piggy-back Orange in this neck of the woods as they don't have any dedicated transmitter cells of their own.
    I may be out of date as I haven't checked for 6 months or so, but back then the ONLY network in Caithness which provides 3G (high speed) mobile internet is O2, and only in Wick.

You might check out GiffGaff who use O2 as their backbone but are a fraction of the cost of O2.
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow