Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: heres my pictures from around watten

Default heres my pictures from around watten

can i say!anybody coming from the wick side at grey stones there is a massive puddle of water just at the house,while i was taking a photo sum idiot came round the corner and went flying into it i thern thought i was going to be helping a car out the ditch fortunately for whoever it was they didnt crash,has any1 got sense in this weather or what?

Good pics there - well done and thanks.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

aye, the weather is a bitty coorse is it no?
    good pics, yip.
    it's a sair fecht

just at greystones a car also had its hazardlights on,its quite a dangerous place to stop but i think the water got in the chaps engine,not alot i could do for him,slightly concerned about people coming round that corner at 60mph and hitting the puddle

field turned/mini beach wahoo

people need to go slowerwhen its wether lke this and not rush round everywere. ad the flood bit near dunbar there is a sigh saying flood ahead yet when u get to the larger flood down at the dammie football pitches there is no sign and its rather a large flood that comes half way up any normal hght car

kaz xx
    ღ ღ ღ ღ kazzii ღ ღ ღ ღ I'm a devil in disguise

yup silly people,i heard a car sounding abnormal id say the engine was about to cut out,but i had no sympathy as they were passing the front of my house very quickly with no thoguht for people walking on the pavement

The emergency services are all out doing as much as they can. Anybody with an ounce of sense would not be travelling at speed in this weather, if they need to be out at all. I doubt if there will be enough flood warning signs manufactured to supply everywhere with a sign. Is there anybody here that doesn't know we are in the middle of a storm? With a storm comes high winds! With a storm comes lots of rain! Rain makes burns, ditches, rivers etc., flow faster and higher! Honest!

specsavers are doing a 2 for 1 offer hope your not driving home,buses arent running now good luck haha

Quote Originally Posted by young_fishin_neep View Post
    people need to go slowerwhen its wether lke this and not rush round everywere.
    i agree! people seem to panic and speed in order to get to work/home quickly before they get blocked but this just makes the situation worse! the emergency services do a brilliant job on days like this, and im glad not everyone rushes!

Thanks for the pictures. They are very good.

no problem at all!!!