Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP - John Sutherland (J Fats)

This came as such a shock to everyone. My thoughts are with all his friends and family.
    Rest in Peace Johnny Fats, you will be forever remembered.

Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.

Tinkerbell x
    Good-bye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart's the memory and there you'll always be

rip john ...............

A great, leading light in the world of music is gone. As with all greats John left us much too soon.

Go play that great Guitar in the Sky, my friend, you will be missed, immensely.

Johns funeral will be held on Thursday (15th December), 11am at Dunnetts, Ormlie Road, Thurso.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Default Gleber2 makes Page 3.....

of the Caithness Courier.

I think this headline may have amused Gleber2.

Great article in the Caithness Courier 14/12/2011 .... "An inspiration and a living legend"; "Tributes paid to John Sutherland - the county's most influential rock musician"; "The melody will linger on".....

The tributes have been pouring in on Facebook too, from musicians and friends around the globe. I'm glad about that. Gleber2 deserved them all.....

Default A true Celebration of John Sutherland's life

It was as John would have wished. Delivered and attended by those who admired his love, his tenacity, his patience, his friendship and much more. All of these are reflected in his music and so will live on.....

So sad to hear. He was part of what made Caithness such a great place to be a teenager in the early 60's. R.I.P Johnny
    VE7ADO A Thurso Loon

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I've only just learned of John's passing, and am very sad to hear of it. Caithness has lost one of her greatest musical talents, and the light on Dunnet Head will burn less brightly without his presence. My sincere sympathy goes out to his family. Rest in Peace, Johnny Fats, you will not be forgotten!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

very sorry

very sad to learn of John's passing. My condolences to family and friends.
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

very sad to learn of John's passing. My condolences to family and friends. we travelled a short time together in the late 60`s early 70`s when on leave from Army training, Brought me very close to music have remembered him ever since, Pity we didnīt have a chance to meet again, slainte, oll boy

So sad to hear the news. Great musician. He will be missed.
    CCT
    We don't stop laughing because we grow old. We grow old when we stop laughing.

Link to the Obituary appearing on the Front Page of Caithness dot Org today.
    http://www.caithness.org/obituaries/...ohnny_fats.htm

Only heard the sad news on my flying visit back at Xmas. Very sad news, thoughts with the family. His music touched a lot of people, and his intelligence and wit were here for all to see on the org. Bye Bye Johnny, Good bye Johnny...you were good!
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Listen up orgers.

He didn't get the credit he deserved in life. Let us at least give him the honour he deserves. I don't know how you nominate somebody for an honour, but wouldn't he just have loved the chance to refuse it.

Is there an April honours thing?

How do you go about nominating someone?
    There are neither rights nor wrongs in gardening. Only experiences.

It's a year since John left us. I hope you're giving them laldy wherever you may be.

Respect.

You echo my thoughts Secrets in Symmetry.

There have been some stormy blasts in Caithness tonight, not quite as stormy as the night John left though....

Thankfully for us and the rest of the music world, John's musical talents and love of life live on in his family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12