Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: AWOL snake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AWOL snake

AWOL snake in the house....somewhere???? Any tips to lure him outta wherever he is? have ransacked the house today looking for him, am worried he will get cold and die, my son is very upset and has been hunting for the whole day so far. Have put Viv on floor and got heat on if he so wishes to pop back in that would be great!

Have you pulled all the furniture out, probs hiding behind/under/in something.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

snakes move round the walls, thaw a mouse and attatch to a bit of string and pull it round the room and under something because the snake will fallow the sent and go get the mouse!!! Watch for it! good luck!

btw it will probs look for somewhere warm and want to go onto hibernation!!
    Last edited by AliciaMackinnon; 03-Dec-11 at 17:43.

its bloody freezing, snakey will be somewhere warm near a radiator or boiler or behind the fridge mines always got stuck behind the radiators!

Cheese is on his way.....He is only a lure, not dinner!
    Hopefully the smell of hammie will work!
    Maybe I shouldnt have cleaned him out today though?

What kind of snake is he?

Can I ask what kind of snake he is? If he's a Corn then depending on size you could make a bottle trap - it usually works. Have a look at the Royal Python Forum - go to the section 'snake related DIY and on page 2 of that section there's a post detailing how to make one and what to do with it. Keep us posted and I'll ask around for any other ideas. Having dismantled panelling to remove a naughty python ..... well, you get the picture. When you find your missing boy, get a lock for his viv - we got ours from Surrey Pet Supplies. Good luck.

PS. Wouldn't recommend it Dadie X