Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caithness Live Aid Gig 1985 : Video Wanted

Thread moved to Music forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Rocker View Post
    This is great, thanks for all the info on these bands, I know very little of the old scene outside of RC, Blond Brothers etc. Let me test your knowledge, have you ever run across a Scottish band called the Ceremony? I bid on a tape on ebay and lost. I cannot find a grain of info anywhere, the name of the single was The Key/The Village from 1986 on Breakdown Records. I cannot even tell you what kinds of music they played!
    Attachment 11262
    You got me now, never heard of them and cant find anything on google !

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    You got me now, never heard of them and cant find anything on google !
    Haha, I suspect they're just one of many bands who recorded a single a disappeared without trace. Some bands are just so obscure that nobody outside the band has heard of them. I was just looking at the sleeve from my copy of the new Radio City cd, under the CD there's a picture of an old Eden Court poster advertising RC, Those Intrinsics and also Nightschool and the Fraser Bros. Any info on the latter two?

Oh by the way, I uploaded a cd-rip of the "Croft" cd to Dave Craig, bearing in mind that it's already a fully remastered reissue of an old LP/Cassette, so not sure if it's quite what you're looking for. Let me know if you want booklet scans or anything.
    Last edited by Old School Rocker; 05-Dec-11 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Rocker View Post
    Haha, I suspect they're just one of many bands who recorded a single a disappeared without trace. Some bands are just so obscure that nobody outside the band has heard of them. I was just looking at the sleeve from my copy of the new Radio City cd, under the CD there's a picture of an old Eden Court poster advertising RC, Those Intrinsics and also Nightschool and the Fraser Bros. Any info on the latter two?

Oh by the way, I uploaded a cd-rip of the "Croft" cd to Dave Craig, bearing in mind that it's already a fully remastered reissue of an old LP/Cassette, so not sure if it's quite what you're looking for. Let me know if you want booklet scans or anything.
    Thanks re the croft cd and offer! The poster was for a concert at Eden Court called Boleskine Beat, note the Crowley tie in ! This was held twice in 1980 and 1981 at Eden Court, we played in 81, the gig was actually recorded as I remember we had to sign rights away...nothing ever came of the recording though ( to my knowledge ) Nightschool was the former name of We Changelings, they changed their name after posters printed I think, Fraser Bros...local Inverness band dont know much about them at all

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    We formed The Interest in September 1981,immediatly after RC, music style was The Only Ones, The SUbterreanens, Stiff LIttle Fingers, The Pretenders, guitar based "trad rock" with a modern take I suppose and a rake of our own stuff, we actually recorded with JOhnny Sutherland in 1982, recording three songs, one original, and covers of Moondage Daydream ( Bowie ) long lost and a solo early springsteen song. We played a fair bit but were up against it as times had moved on, 1981 / 82 = new romantics and synthny stuff. If you are interested in the new wavy period check out ALness based : The Tools ( Gotta make some money somehow ) on you tube ditto Those Intrinsic Intellectuals ( Inverness based ) again on You tube, both recorded in 1980...1980 was a classic year as the following bands all recorded and released records

The Cut ( inverness ) Those Intrinsic Intellectual ( Inverness ) The Tools ( ALness) Radio City, The Naturals ( Wick ) We Changelings ( Tain )...a long lost highland scene one would say. I am currently working on a "book" which will feature the period 1980 - 91, and hopefully an accompanying CD, all revenues to charity,a bit of nostalgic research, trying to get time to get it done though wont be ready until 2012.
    Got loads of photos from the period Rob. I`ll try and get them scanned if you like. See you in the South Stand one of these weeks, we can discuss.
    Cheers S

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn View Post
    Got loads of photos from the period Rob. I`ll try and get them scanned if you like. See you in the South Stand one of these weeks, we can discuss.
    Cheers S
    Brilliant see if you can scan all you've got and e mail to me bound to up over DEcember...Brora game ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12