Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Herbert Sinclair

Default Herbert Sinclair

I managed to purchase ( OVER THE ORD ) and there is an inscription on the inside to Molly from her gratefull father London 8 december 1948.Does anyone know if Herbert Sinclair had a daughter of this name.Wishfull thinking on my part but you never know.

Tilly Teckel Guest

I've searched the net to try to find this out but no luck . Surely someone out there knows? The suspense is killing me!

Thank you for that Tilly Teckel.

Hi cuthill,
    I know it is some time since you made this post.I know some one that could answer your question but have not been able to speak to them until today.
    I can confirm that the said Herbert Sinclair did indeed have a daughter named Molly.You must have a copy that he gave to his daughter.She was a bit of a character and stayed in McKay's hotel while visiting her father.His background in London was based in journalism.
    If any out there knows cuthill could you please let them know of this belated reply.
    Regards AK.

Thank you for that argyle kid that really made my day,a good find.

I have an original green covered copy of Over the Ord by Herbert Sinclair and am open to offers for it. The inside cover suggests its been owned by two people, a John Sutherland who signed it in 1950 and a James E Harper in 1975. Its condition is quite good considering its age. Please drop me a PM if you or anyone you know might be interested. Thanks.