Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jupiter at 05/11/2011 from backyard in Wick

Default Jupiter at 05/11/2011 from backyard in Wick

Seeing was really bad that night so most of the detail get washed out from the planet surface.
    Although there is the GRS (Great Red Spot) visible at southern equatorial belt, slightly to the left. Dark spot just to the left to the GRS is a shadow of moon Io.

Because of a bad seeing I did most of the pictures on lower magnification and have composed simple animation.

Regards
    Maciek

Quote Originally Posted by Timber-TEC View Post
    Seeing was really bad that night so most of the detail get washed out from the planet surface.
    Although there is the GRS (Great Red Spot) visible at southern equatorial belt, slightly to the left. Dark spot just to the left to the GRS is a shadow of moon Io.

Because of a bad seeing I did most of the pictures on lower magnification and have composed simple animation.

Interesting, wish I had seen it.

i like it,what setup up do you have?
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

at bcsman
    Telescope Mak127 (Maksutov Cassegrain) by Skywatcher + Canon 1000D. But these are not single shots. I have used my Canon as a camera with help of third party software and did series of movies which had been stacked later as a pictures.
    Last edited by Timber-TEC; 08-Nov-11 at 19:33.
    Regards
    Maciek

it turned out really good,registax?
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Yes. RegiStax ver.5.1 but picture is not impressive because of bad seeing. But I am glad that you like it .

Here is one more

Below is an old picture of Saturn which I have taken some time ago with the same setup, but with much better seeing
    Regards
    Maciek

I have also found an old Moon picture taken with the same setup, but these are two single shots (not stacked movies) stitched together.

Last edited by Timber-TEC; 09-Nov-11 at 12:30.
    Regards
    Maciek

Fabulous photos Timber-TEC. I especially like the animation

I look forward to seeing more of your pics.

The weather was really good at the weekend - too good an opportunity to miss, so I too got the camera and scope out. A few of my pics can be found here - http://www.caithness-science.org/ind...Itemid=57#p287

Thanks astroman.

I like your pictures especially close-up of crater Aristarchus where you have also captured Vallis Schroter rille in good detail.
    Regards
    Maciek

BTW, I have stacked one more picture from that night showing also 2 Jupiter moons, Io on the left and Europa on the right side of the planet.

Regards
    Maciek

11. Default

Great shots guys.Have to admit to being too lazy to get the scope out this weekend so the modded canon
    is still waiting on its first light.