Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

I saw cassie on the main road at the links at Keiss this morning (bout 12ish) she got spooked by a loory passin and shot across the road in front of me. thankfully my brakes are workin well. I think I prob got a biggger fright than she did. I didnt have the number for the dog warden so phoned the vets who passed on the message. She looked in good health wen I saw her and is still moving very fast. Hopefully she will settle in one area so you can get her home as soon as. good luck.

Thanks a lot for phoning to report your sighting of Cassie.

The poor soul is just so very frightened and very easily spooked which doesn't make it easy to catch her. Still, as you say, she is looking okay and we'll all keep going until she is caught. Yes it would be wonderful if she would settle in one area instead of travelling over such a wide area.
    The problem is, as soon as she goes somewhere she gets frightened (often by well meaning people trying to catch her).

I think she was frightened by a jogger on the beach today and that's why she ran back towards Reiss.

Cassie I hope you are snuggled up warm somewhere tonight and that you know we only want what is best for you and surrender!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

aw still no cassie, not been on for a few day,was hoping to log on and find out she was home safe and sound, hopefully it wont be to much longer and before the weather turns, thankfully its been mild just now.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

up date please when her owners getting back

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    up date please when her owners getting back
    Yes, please keep us updated about Cassie.

SO many people (even outwith Caithness.Org ) are rooting for her safe return to her owners/carers !

Erm, what is the strategy to get this dog? Is it to wait until it is too flippin weak to run away from anybody? If that is the case then I'm free tomorrow and Sunday to help with the search, I just don't want a poor animal to suffer and be frightened.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Doog still running, weather going to turn, livestock...sheep in lamb could spell disaster,lack of meals and lots of help offered.
    Whats the plan?
    Sight her and sit and wait?
    Or wait until something happens...
    And where are the owners and what commands do they use on her?
    Some correct comands in the right tone may help ...if she will listen.
    Or is it the chosen few that are seen as good enough to help?
    As nothing has worked so far.
    Tranquilliser dart and watch for the fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Erm, what is the strategy to get this dog? Is it to wait until it is too flippin weak to run away from anybody? If that is the case then I'm free tomorrow and Sunday to help with the search, I just don't want a poor animal to suffer and be frightened.
    Rheghead, I'm led to believe that Cassie is feeding well so is not weak. I'll be guided by the Dog Warden's recommendations as to what is best for Cassie.

has there been any sightings today

The only difference between proffessionals is the fact they are being paid.
    So whats the plan as there is a lot of volenteer mantime being offered up?
    To get Cassie before anything ill toward happens so to get a happy outcome for everyone?

I don't profess anything and I can assure you that no-one pays for my advice on this forum.

I think your suggestion earlier in the week that Cassie's food should be laced with drugs was stupid. Not only ill-advised but stupid. Quite why I think that is not important right now.

My main concern is Cassie's welfare so I'll take my lead from the folk who know what they are doing in Cassie's best interests.

I hope the owner has been contacted. In their shoes, I'd be broken if all this was going on on and I'd not been informed.
    Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I can assure you that the dog warden and all the volunteers helping her have been working tirelessly to get Cassie. You make it sound as if she's just being left to run and that is not the case! Food is being put down where she's been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Doog still running, weather going to turn, livestock...sheep in lamb could spell disaster,lack of meals and lots of help offered.
    Whats the plan?
    Sight her and sit and wait?
    Or wait until something happens...
    And where are the owners and what commands do they use on her?
    Some correct comands in the right tone may help ...if she will listen.
    Or is it the chosen few that are seen as good enough to help?
    As nothing has worked so far.
    Tranquilliser dart and watch for the fall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    The only difference between proffessionals is the fact they are being paid.
    So whats the plan as there is a lot of volenteer mantime being offered up?
    To get Cassie before anything ill toward happens so to get a happy outcome for everyone?
    Dadie I am sorry but you are really getting on my nerves now!!

I've told you twice that the dog warden knows what she is doing and has been doing everything in her power, including going out at all hours in her own time, to try to get Cassie. She has got enough volunteers, at the moment, to help her when needed.

Apart from professionals being paid they are trained. Part of the problem has been people, with the best of intentions, rushing up to Cassie to try to catch her with the result that she runs off and ends up miles away. She was almost caught the other day until someone ran up and frightened her away.

I don't think you realise just what a nervous dog Cassie is.

A tranquilliser dart would not work as she is so pumped up with adrenalin, and even if it did, she could run for miles before 'dropping'. She runs at such a speed no human could keep up with her although you are very welcome to try!!!

If you would read the thread you will see that the owner is in Canada!!!

I appreciate that you want Cassie to be caught as we all all do but your comments are not helping!

By the way she isn't at all interested in livestock so no worries on that score.
    Last edited by Liz; 19-Nov-11 at 01:29.

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn View Post
    I hope the owner has been contacted. In their shoes, I'd be broken if all this was going on on and I'd not been informed.
    Evelyn
    I believe she has been contacted now Evelyn but not sure when she's coming home. It was up to the person caring for Cassie to do this.

Please don't chase Cassie she is very frightened and it's not helping her.If she could settle somewhere for a day or two it might be possible to reestablish a bond with her.She is not harming anything or any body,she dose not chase stock.Her owner is in Goose bay,Labrador,Newfoundland.She is visiting her Ant who is in hospital terminally ill with cancer.She will be back as soon as possible<br>Please be patient,Cassie has not been properly trained and responds to little other than her owners voice.In the mean time any signings reported are very helpful,but please don't chase after her.

"softly,softly catch the monkey" springs to mind but in this case its a dog,principal still applies I think.

Its amazing the tenacity of a dog thats "spooked".
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

As Liz says its best to leave this to a few people who know wot they are doin. I didnt even stop the car wen I saw cassie the other day, just got the message passed on to the dog warden. i think the less folk who go after her or try to approach her the betta, then hopefully she will settle down in one area and they will be able to do somethin to get her.
    i check in on here everyday hopin that she has been caught, it will happen in time, wens she ready to stop havin a big adventure.

Lightbulb Tearaway!!

suggestion only ........would it be possible for Cassie's sitter to speak to owner in Canada and get a few commands into the phone to be recorded this end, so if able to get near Cassie she may recognise the voice of owner, may need a megaphone though................just a thought!!!
    Last edited by Garnet; 19-Nov-11 at 18:44. Reason: wrong smiley!
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

My parents (many years ago now) put our two Alsations (mother and daughter) into kennels while we went on holiday, the kennels were just off the main Dundee to Perth road (A90) When we returned, we went to collect the dogs, unfortunately it was the owners son who released the dogs out of their kennel, not realising Kim, the younger of the two took a while to get used to us again. Well, she bolted straight past us and onto the A90, which was a dual carriageway and headed in the direction of Perth, back and forward, all over the place, how she was not hit and killed by a car, god only knows. After approx 5 miles, she veered down a side road, my mum got out the car, and just grabbed her, it resulted in a trip to A and E for my mum because Kim had bitten her, the minute Kim bit her though, she realised who she was and calmed down. The poor dog had run the pads off her paws, they were red raw. The point being, we had to catch her, there was no option, she would never have survived this long on her own.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast