Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Absolutely heart-warming to think that so many Orger's and the general public are looking out for Cassie !

I put this on my "Facebook" as well, in the hope that the more widespread this is, the better. Dadie, Liz, lisbit, Moira, mop top....just to name a very few who are most encouraging and thoughtful about poor Cassie's whereabouts........I'm sure it must mean so very much to Cassie's "carer's"

I'm always hopeful and I'm sure that Cassie will get tired of "running" and God Willing, someone will be there with treats; another dog....etc, to entice her to "come home" !

please come home Cassie ......
    Last edited by Iffy; 13-Nov-11 at 17:20.

You just reminded me to remove the bag of jellied venison chunks from my pocket!
    Ok a bit more messy than bonio....but sooo tempting.....
    Think the golfers may have scared her away today!

We took Dougal and Mollie to Reiss this morn and walked as far as Wester river no sign of her at all but the strong sense of being watched! although could have been my imagination as i am looking for her subconsciously where ever i go.

I too noticed Dadie there were a lot of golfers around today so think they probably made her head up into the village she will also be gravitating towards people in search of food.

Tomorrows another day and we wont give up on you Cassey, stay safe girl.
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Went out this afternoon and again about half an hour ago but no sign.

I know what you mean mop top re looking for her subconciously.

I really do hope that her search for food will bring her into someone's garden so a trap could be set.

We definitely won't give up on you Cassie!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I have kids stuff on today and working the rest of the week, so Im tied up, but if anyone wants some frozen venison jelly to entice her with, you are more than welcome....its quite smelly (gamey)and is great at enticing dogs in!

any news today

Cassie was seen in the Ackergill area at 12 noon today.

I went down there this afternoon and up to the golf course but no sign.

Poor Cassie must be so hungry now! It's good that she's been in this area for a few days now. Can everyone in that area please keep an eye out for her as it would be great if she could be enticed into someone's garden so a trap could be set.

I keep reading up and really hope that she is caught soon, at least she is staying in the same area....

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Cassie was seen in the Ackergill area at 12 noon today.
    I went down there this afternoon and up to the golf course but no sign.
    Poor Cassie must be so hungry now! It's good that she's been in this area for a few days now. Can everyone in that area please keep an eye out for her as it would be great if she could be enticed into someone's garden so a trap could be set.
    I was on Reiss beach between 12 noon & 1 pm today Liz but no joy. The tide was well in and after a few drookings we took to the dunes towards the Wester side.
    I had a look around the dunes at the Golf Course car park about an hour ago but alas, nothing.
    As you say it's good that Cassie seems to be keeping to the same area now. Here's hoping someone can entice her with food which will encourage her to keep coming back to the same place so that a trap can be set.

Might help.
    High tide times lifted straight from
    Scrabster tide tables 2011
    tue 1051 2322
    wed 1132 -
    thur 0012 1222
    fri 0114 1324
    sat 0230 1438
    sun 0347 1555

You can interpret them as you like, but it might be useful if you are searching on the beach rather than the dunes!
    Or might help you to know that the beach will be covered by water so she wont be down there!

Tues 15. I received a call at 0730 to say Cassie was spotted in south Keiss at 0630 heading towards the main road.She seems to have stayed in the area for 2-3 days,hopefully she will befriend some hear and finally be caught,I will speak with the dog warden at 0900 and ask for advice.once again thank you all for your help and understanding,any sightings reported are most appreciated as at least we know she's still alive and well.

i'll keep a look out.
    like i said im very near the subsea 7 site south keiss.
    there's a lot of action here as they are launching a pipeline today.
    so lots of lights, trucks, people and noise.
    not sure if this will atract her or scare her off but will keep looking.
    hope shes found soon x
    Last edited by annemarie482; 15-Nov-11 at 20:46.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

anymore sighting

I bet the pets section has never been so busy with people checking in to see if the poor dog has been caught yet.

I log in two or three times a day just to check and see.

I do hope they catch her soon.

i do as well and every time we go out i look in the feilds between freswick and wick she certainly clocking up the miles and must be hungry

Haven't heard of any more sightings today I'm afraid.

I went up to Wester, via the golf course, this afternoon and used the binoculars to have a good look around but didn't see her.

I put a poster up in the car park at Reiss beach as the more people who know about her the better.

As you say starfish, she must be hungry but she's certainly got lots of energy as she isn't half covering a wide area. Hopefully, she is getting titbits here and there and finding shelter at night.

just hope she caught soon before she gets to hungry and starts worrying livestock

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Haven't heard of any more sightings today I'm afraid.

I went up to Wester, via the golf course, this afternoon and used the binoculars to have a good look around but didn't see her.

I put a poster up in the car park at Reiss beach as the more people who know about her the better.
    Well done Liz, I didnt manage to go out looking for Cassie today but am glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    just hope she caught soon before she gets to hungry and starts worrying livestock
    Oh don't be so ridiculous. Cassie is a pet dog who is running scared because her owners have left her for a limited period of time in the company of some carers in Caithness. Several folk have left food out for her to eat so she will not be starving.

Cassie has proved resourceful so far in avoiding capture. She's a pet dog, a rescue dog, wary of strangers, afraid to approach humans & animals alike, unless she recognises them. Why on earth would she "start worrying livestock" ?

i am sorry if my post was worded wrong i know what she going through i just meant hope she does not get that hungry that she would think of worring livestock not that she would but she is probably getting very hungry i am sorry if it has upset you but i did not mean it in a nasty way i too are worried about her and look every day and also check on here several times a day to see if she has been sighted near where i live so i can keep an eye out for her in the hope she comes in the yards so i can put down something tasty for her

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast