Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Hey, don't feel obliged to point anything out. We're all doing our best (well most of us are) to help you secure Cassie's safety.

Ignore the negativity from the perfect few and concentrate on bringing Cassie home safe tomorrow.

All best.
    Exactly Moira!

There is no need to make Cassie's carers feel any worse than they already are and accidents happen!!!

I am really disappointed that Cassie wasn't caught tonight but feel heartened that the ferry staff are being so kind and really do think that if they start feeding her then Mop Top might be able to set a trap.

Come on Cassie and give us all something to celebrate this weekend!!!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Had a call from the ferry office at 0800 to say that Cassie was down about the link span again but has now run off inland ,at least we know she's still OK and that she's returning to the ferry terminal at nights,maybe a good place to try and establish a feeding pattern?
    I'll call dog warden at 0900 and see what she thinks best.

Thats great that shes returned there again.
    Do the ferry people know not to give chase and to just ignore her until the dogwarden and yourselves get there?
    Almost exactly the same thing happened to us last year with a dog.
    Hoping today brings results

Just spotted in near John O' Groats half an hour ago, heading back towards Huna, possibly along the shore.

I've my fingers crossed that you get the dog back!! Good luck
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

any news tonight

Default Dog spotted

Saw a dog about 7pm tonight 11th Nov in the dip on the Auckengill Road just before Auckengill heading towards Wick.
    Had some sort of a neckerchief or coat on but was hard to see in the dark. It was a Staffy sized dog not neccessarily a Staffy though. Went back to try and see her but she was gone.
    Patience is the ability to put up with someone you'd like to put down.

Sorry, there is no more news tonight. Thank you all for your concern.

hope she is found soon, a fellow facebooker Eilidh McLatin has posted a link on her page for a wider coverage.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Is she good with other dogs?
    And might pal around with them....
    If so I will take Poppy dog for a walk around the area off leash, with smelly doggie treats in my pockets...she is food oriented isnt she?
    Does she have a collar/harness on?....just if she comes up for a treat, I might be able to leash her!
    Last edited by Dadie; 12-Nov-11 at 13:58.

Cassie has been seen alive and well in Sinclair Bay today, most recently at the golf course.
    May I stress that trying to approach her will only make her run more. Food and patience will be the only way to catch her again.
    Thanks again to everybody keeping a look out.

This must be so upsetting for you. I do hope she's caught and home soon. Sadly there's not much I can do to help from over this side.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Last night around 0130 I saw a large dogs backside in a verge on the single track road to the south of canisbay. couldn't tell you what type of dog. or it could of even been a deer. Just to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie the dog View Post
    Cassie has been seen alive and well in Sinclair Bay today, most recently at the golf course.
    May I stress that trying to approach her will only make her run more. Food and patience will be the only way to catch her again.
    Thanks again to everybody keeping a look out.
    Reiss Beach was busy with people & dogs late this afternoon. I took my dog a walk towards Ackergill Tower then took a walk along the top of the dunes, on my own, past the Golf Course towards Wester. I had a pocket full of food but sadly did not spot Cassie.

I did meet a couple of folk who'd not heard of Cassie's disappearance. Suffice to say they know about Cassie now, will look out for her and know not to approach her directly. All best.

Really glad that she is okay but how frustrating that she can't be caught.

For a dog who hasn't eaten she has some energy!!

I will have a look for her tomorrow as go down that way for a walk. It would be worth putting a poster up in the car park to let people know not to approach her and with contact no's.

I wasnt going to approach her, I was going to get her to come to me....Poppy dog was very wary of people when we first got her and we took it slow and I can drop smelly treats at decreasing intervals until im feeding from the hand behind me at which point a leash would be slipped over the neck on a long line......ok may take a few visits.....or at least get her to trust people a wee bit more each time....inch by inch...
    We were on reiss with Poppy dog and the kids about low tide and no sign then!....but a couple of other dogs sniffed my pockets.....
    Its just handy to know if she would pal around with another dog as it would make catching her easier....trust issues?

Sunday 13/11/11
    Cassie has been sighted again today, still in the Sinclair Bay area. She might respond to another dog better than a human. It's worth a try.

Default Cassie

Cassie was in Reiss village this morning but very wary. No chance of getting near to her but at least she is on the go
    Lisbit

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life"

I live in Reiss so will keep an eye out and see whether she will go to Benjy.

Off out in a wee while to look for her. Last time she came through Reiss she was making her way down to Gills.

I didn't know about your thread but Cassie was on the golf course yesterday (saturday 12th nov.)lunchtime, we tried to catch her when she came near us to see if she had an disk with I.D on, but no luck, she had a harness on, several golfers also tried, sorry, I thought she might belong to a golfer as she was staying around the green, we were walking on the dunes nearby. Hope you find her.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast