Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Dog Warden on the case and is very helpful,thanks again for your concern,it's comforting to know there's so many helpful people out there.

I can't take much more of the tension - has Cassie been secured yet???
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I can't take much more of the tension - has Cassie been secured yet???
    I really hope she's found soon-not a night to be out.

I've just been for a drive around to see whether there is any sign of Cassie but sadly not.

Really hoping she has arrived 'home'!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Me too Liz i went the keiss direction to see if she had gone back that way. I suspect she went along the Sibster Road today so could be anywhere by now.

I would suggest if anyone sees her in their garden to not shout on her or acknowledge seeing her and to just go put some food out quietly, it would be good to have her stay in one area and return for food when she feels safe to do so. Apparently there were about ten people trying to catch her in Keiss last night, although they were all meaning, this will not work for a dog like Cassie as she will feel hunted and just keep running. A trap can be set but only when she has established a safe place to go to eat.

This brings back memories of Dougal my dog who had been living wild as a stray, it took weeks to catch him and in the end it was using a trap and establishing a place he could come to under the cover of darkness to eat. After a few days the trap was set and he went in it first night!
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Told my son to tell his girlfriend and her family to keep a lookout for Cassie, they live on the Sibster road.
    Really hope she stops running soon

Update 2045,Have just come home from another fruitless search, been along the beach at the golf coarse and driven along all the roads I thought she might be but not a whisker,can only hope someone spots her to give us another lead.Thanks again everyone for all your help,it's good to live in such a supportive community,will start looking again in the morning and will let you know how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Me too Liz i went the keiss direction to see if she had gone back that way. I suspect she went along the Sibster Road today so could be anywhere by now.

I would suggest if anyone sees her in their garden to not shout on her or acknowledge seeing her and to just go put some food out quietly, it would be good to have her stay in one area and return for food when she feels safe to do so. Apparently there were about ten people trying to catch her in Keiss last night, although they were all meaning, this will not work for a dog like Cassie as she will feel hunted and just keep running. A trap can be set but only when she has established a safe place to go to eat.

This brings back memories of Dougal my dog who had been living wild as a stray, it took weeks to catch him and in the end it was using a trap and establishing a place he could come to under the cover of darkness to eat. After a few days the trap was set and he went in it first night!
    We drove along the Sibster Road but no sign. She might have headed off towards Watten though.

As you rightly say a very softly softly approach is needed and would be much easier if she made some kind of 'base' for a wee while to enable you to set a trap.

The dark nights don't help in searching.

I never knew poor Dougal had been a stray for so long.

Will head out tomorrow afternoon for another look.

If you need any help with the search for Cassie, then give me a ring Mop Top.
    Even sitting in the car for a couple of hours in one location, whilst you are in another just incase.
    Im more than willing to sit somewhere where shes been spotted should she decide to return.
    Let me know if I can do anything at all.
    Really hoping you all get lucky today and get Cassie home.

Cassie has just been sighted in the Ackengill area at 0930,I'll be there as soon as possible.

Ackergill or Auckengill ??!!
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Cassie Spotted at Auckengill running through moorlands 9.40am,did call her,she stopped & looked then carried on,phoned owner to inform them, saw and spoke to Dog Warden who is on the case,hopefully somebody can catch her real soon,poor little girl.

Good to know Bertieboy; she must be still healthy and fit. Here's hoping today's the day....

Really good that you saw her Bertieboy and, as you say Torvaig, really hope today is the day she lets someone take her home.

Come on Cassie we're all longing for the good news!

Default cassie

Was there within ten mins of last sighting armed with food and my 2 dogs, walked a good bit into the hill and saw no trace at all of her.

Spent another hour just driving slowly just scanning all the fields etc for a sighting and nothing! went back down to keiss then to see if she has doubled back but no trace there either.

My feelings are that she will keep Keiss as her base as that is where she last saw the humans she was with, i feel she will always gravitate back to there.
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Was there within ten mins of last sighting armed with food and my 2 dogs, walked a good bit into the hill and saw no trace at all of her.

Spent another hour just driving slowly just scanning all the fields etc for a sighting and nothing! went back down to keiss then to see if she has doubled back but no trace there either.

My feelings are that she will keep Keiss as her base as that is where she last saw the humans she was with, i feel she will always gravitate back to there.
    Aw how frustrating!

Good for you for trying so hard to get her. We are so lucky to have such a great dog warden!

I think you're right in that she does seem to be staying around the Keiss area and only ran away because she felt threatened having so many (well meaning) people go after her.

Really hope they will leave her this time and let her make a base so you can catch her.

Are there any posters up asking people to be vigilant, that way motorists can take extra care when travelling that way.
    Could you git a bitty in the Groat about Cassie?
    Thankfully shes wearing her pink harness and will be easily spotted when she does appear.

could someone call moray firth radio and caithness fm. maybe the story could be mentioned on the air.

Sorry I know this is no help whatsoever, but:

I had such a vivid dream last night, about Cassie - except in my dream her name was "Tilly". I dreamt that I was on the Brabster road, just above Gills and she was running around. I stopped, in my dream, cos I recognised her - beautiful dog, black (predominantly) and white with a gorgeous long tail with "feathers" and wearing a pink harness ! I just sat down beside the road and called on her very softly and she came to me !! I "caught" her and managed (thru different ways !!!) to return her to her owner !

I sincerely hope my dream comes true........."please come home, Cassie!!"

Hello all and thanks again for your help,support and understanding.We have been out looking again but to no avail,I think Ann's policy is best and let her show up but don't try to catch her.She'll eat anything so if you see her putting out a few scraps might encourage her.
    I must point out again Cassie is not our dog,we're looking after her for a friend who's visiting family in Canada,Cassie will only come to her when called. She has run away in the past and her owner had to travel from Orkney to her friends in the Western isles who were looking after her to call her in!
    We are very worried and concerned about Cassie,but feel it's pointless chasing after her as she'll just keep running and become more frighted as I'm sure you understand.
    I don't know how to thank you all so much for your help support and understanding, it is appreciated,in the mean time keep looking,any sighting is useful.
    PS Her owner is away for two weeks,she hasn't been told as there's nothing she can do from Canada.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast