Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    Sleep sound Cassie and mum.

P.S. Maybe "orkneycadian" will call round in person to welcome you home as he doesn't believe that Cassie can read.
    Nah, I might just Skype the mutt instead!

great news, i so glad she's back with her owners

Now that's a good idea orkneycadian; let us know how she is getting on and if she will be coming back to visit her many friends in Caithness!

Maybe Orkneycadian is Cassie's owner - turned up at the same time

Fabilous news, my heart goes out to her carers especially as they must have had a terrible 3 weeks.
    A happy ending though
    Away with the birds

Delighted to finally log on and hear the brilliant news today.
    Poor Cassie, what an adventure shes had.
    Also hoping her carers recover from this, what a terrible thing to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAL View Post
    Could be right there TAFKAL; both are trouble!

Well done everyone.

Still can't believe it and it seems like a dream!

Every thing just fell into place today!

We would normally be out for a walk earlier but were delayed and,just as we were about to go out of the door, my brother phoned to say he'd seen Cassie in my niece's garden in Gowrie Place. When he went out she took off through the railway tunnel.
    Anne, the dog warden, was alerted to tell Cassie's owner whilst we went into Wick to look for her.

We went up by the river in case she came over the bridge when I spotted some youngsters so went over to ask if they'd seen her. They told me they'd seen her run in the opposite direction where we were heading, up to the lifeboat shed.

So phone call to Anne again as we could hear Cassie's owner shouting for her and she was a way up the river in the wrong direction!

On our way up I saw someone coming down by the river and said to Margaret "I'm going to ask this mannie whether he's seen Cassie". The mannie turned out to be my brother!lol

He said he saw her go up the lane from the Norseman so another call to the owner!

We then set off to drive around to look for her and saw her owner down by the Camps shouting for her. There was no sign of her so we drove by the carers house and saw Cassie's owner there but no sign of Cassie so we decided to go home and post the sighting on the org and facebook.

Only got as far as Tesco when got a call from Anne to say they'd got her!!! Think I might have burst her eardrum with the yell I made!!!!!lol

She was found exactly 3 weeks to the day she went missing.

During this time I have discovered just how many good, caring people there are who have been genuinely concerned about Cassie, helped look for her and reported sightings.

It has restored my faith in humanity and also my belief that prayer works and that Angels exist! I nearly fell out with them a few times but I honestly believe that everything was set in place for Cassie to be captured today as she was found within an hour of being spotted after evading capture all this time.

We will never forget you Cassie!! xxx

PS Sorry if I am rambling but soooo tired from lack of sleep. I kept thinking of her out in the gale force winds not knowing she was in the town and probably had found shelter.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAL View Post
    'Fraid not - If it were mine, and it had a tendency to scarper, it wouldn't have been allowed to jump out of the back of a car without a lead on!

Am so glad she has been found x I saw her today at 2.30ish but was at my work and had forgotten my fone she came down between the gift shot and the fishing shop crossed the road and headed down the river anyway does not matter now she is found and am dead chuffed yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxx

Ahh, so happy to hear it! I've been reading this since about page 4 and have been dying to hear such news! Welcome home Cassie, after your long adventure! Reckon you'll be spoilt rotten now <3 xxxx

That's amazing news and such a relief! Be interesting to see a map of all the pitstops she'd made bless her!

Liz I have to say a huge well done to you and the dog warden especially. I know you both went above and beyond to help keep Cassie safe until her owners returned. I hope they undertsand just how much they owe you and other locals that kept their dog safe and and relatively sound while she was trekking across Caithness. lol.
    I can imagine their relief at having her home safe and sound and it seems like their voice was all Cassie needed to hear. That must be one hell of a bond!

Well done to everyone.
    Sleep soundly for the first time in a while Cassie.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Brilliant, brilliant news!!!!!!!!
    Cassie has been found and is going back on the ferry tonight with her owner at 4.30pm!!!!! <snip>
    A million thanks to everyone who has been looking for her and reported sightings.
    I'll more than second your sentiments Liz & up your "million thanks" to a trillion!

Thanks to Caithness dot Org, Facebook and a true community effort, Cassie was reunited with her Mum this afternoon. To say I am delighted would be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Words cannot possibly express how happy and relieved I am but the big smile on my face says it all! <snip>

Same here mop top.
    The guilt-free sleep will be good. PM me if you know where you can buy guilt-free wine on a school night. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    <snip>
    P.S. Maybe "orkneycadian" will call round in person to welcome you home as he doesn't believe that Cassie can read.
    Oh behave Torvaig, that would surely make Cassie head straight over to Caithness again. I doubt Cassie would wait for the ferry and the Firth is not looking good at the moment.

thats the best news ever im so happy for cassie and her owners

I think as a county we have the best dog warden, she goes above and beyond in her endeavours to ensure the safety of dogs in trouble in the county, in general though our whole animal welfare system in Caithness is full of wonderful people who do their very best, a huge well done to everyone involved in the safe return of Cassie, that said though I do think in future the best option would be for someone to care for Cassie in her own home to prevent this type of thing happening a third time.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I think as a county we have the best dog warden, she goes above and beyond in her endeavours to ensure the safety of dogs in trouble in the county,
    Amen to that!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Still can't believe it and it seems like a dream!

Every thing just fell into place today!

We would normally be out for a walk earlier but were delayed and,just as we were about to go out of the door, my brother phoned to say he'd seen Cassie in my niece's garden in Gowrie Place. When he went out she took off through the railway tunnel.
    Anne, the dog warden, was alerted to tell Cassie's owner whilst we went into Wick to look for her.

We went up by the river in case she came over the bridge when I spotted some youngsters so went over to ask if they'd seen her. They told me they'd seen her run in the opposite direction where we were heading, up to the lifeboat shed.

So phone call to Anne again as we could hear Cassie's owner shouting for her and she was a way up the river in the wrong direction!

On our way up I saw someone coming down by the river and said to Margaret "I'm going to ask this mannie whether he's seen Cassie". The mannie turned out to be my brother!lol

He said he saw her go up the lane from the Norseman so another call to the owner!

We then set off to drive around to look for her and saw her owner down by the Camps shouting for her. There was no sign of her so we drove by the carers house and saw Cassie's owner there but no sign of Cassie so we decided to go home and post the sighting on the org and facebook.

Only got as far as Tesco when got a call from Anne to say they'd got her!!! Think I might have burst her eardrum with the yell I made!!!!!lol

She was found exactly 3 weeks to the day she went missing.

During this time I have discovered just how many good, caring people there are who have been genuinely concerned about Cassie, helped look for her and reported sightings.

It has restored my faith in humanity and also my belief that prayer works and that Angels exist! I nearly fell out with them a few times but I honestly believe that everything was set in place for Cassie to be captured today as she was found within an hour of being spotted after evading capture all this time.

We will never forget you Cassie!! xxx

PS Sorry if I am rambling but soooo tired from lack of sleep. I kept thinking of her out in the gale force winds not knowing she was in the town and probably had found shelter.
    Liz,

Your dedication and perserverance over the past few weeks were instrumental in Cassie's safe return to her owner and I think it is very apt that you were personally involved on the last day of Cassie's "adventure".

There were a lot of folk looking after & out for Cassie during her three weeks' "adventure" in Caithness and I can't name them for fear of embarrassing them.

No need to apologise for rambling. Go take a well, deserved rest.
    The great, end result is that Cassie is home with her Mum tonight.

Default Cassie

Ive been watching this post since the first day Cassie disappeared, and have logged on every morning hoping to hear good news. Its hard to believe three weeks have passed and finally she has been caught. I, like most of the people who have posted, have a dog and she means everything to me, you just can't imagine what her poor carers must have felt like during these 3 weeks. There are some really wonderful people out there who have taken the time and caring to look for Cassie, not least Liz and the tremendous Dog warden. It goes to show that there really are decent people around. I am sure Cassie and her owners will be glad to be reunited! I know I am glad to hear it!

Brilliant! I bet Cassie will be enjoying comfort and warmth tonight.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!