Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Excuse me Moira, the only reason my dog was "awol" for 30 minutes, and only 30 minutes running back and forward across a dual carriageway, was because we never let her out our sight when she bolted. We had to put ourselves in danger to get her - which we did. Liz - I never said - nothing was being done - at all. And I'm afraid you are wrong about my dog being different, how can I put this - if she had been human, for want of a better word she would have been retarded. The reason she ran, was because she did'nt recognise any of us, it was not until my mother grabbed her and my dog bit her, did she realise who we were.
    Yes, I did, the above was written on the 20th of November at 20:51, She did not have the mental ability to recognise us.
    Last edited by cptdodger; 23-Nov-11 at 13:48.

This will be the last time I post on this thread. I do not have to defend myself or my actions, my dog was not missing for over two weeks, cold, wet, hungry and scared to death. I would not have allowed that. So I will leave it up to you, "the experts" and hope you find the dog, before her owners return

Does anyone know of dog friendly accommodation in Wick?

Alistair and his wife can't stay in Wick tonight as they have their own dog with them and Cassie is more likely to come out from hiding after dark.

I'm afraid I don't have room or they could have stayed with me.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Yes, I did, the above was written on the 20th of November at 20:51, She did not have the mental ability to recognise us.
    Its impossible for a dog to suffer any form of true mental retardation as of which we associate with humans, they do however suffer from many forms of behavioural problems which your dog displayed when it ran from you and only let its self be caught with force biting in the process.

Cassie is a rescue dog from an undisclosed background so god alone knows what damage was done BEFORE her new owners took her on, due to unforeseen circumstances they had to leave their dog with carers who CANNOT be blamed for the dog getting loose, you yourself must know if a dog wants to bolt away from you then it will.......your dog was caught with good luck and probably because it wasn't in WIDE OPEN spaces to run !!.

softly softly is the ONLY way to catch cassie as any other means of capture would do so much MORE damage than has already been done.
    She is NOT being starved and ignored, she is being watched by the county and the good people in it and is also being fed or she would have dropped with hunger a LONG time ago......

you cannot judge this situation the same as your own one, and to be honest i would be suspect of a dog that WASNT happy to see its owners after however long a stay in kennels

My bad, I did not read that post. Apologies to you!

Have to say you're still incorrect though lol. Believe me your dog recognised you. Don't make the mistake of thinking a dog communicates the same way we do!

Anyhoo enough on that, this post has to be focused on Cassie and getting her home safely!
    I was in Wick briefly today but didn't see a thing but then my knowledge of Wick is Zero so I may well have been in the completely wrong place to where she's been seen.
    Hopefully she'll be found safe before tomorrow night but if not I'll take a trip round Wick in the evening.

Keep up the good work Liz, Moira and all others helping Cassie.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Well I'm afraid the couple who came over from Orkney to look for Cassie didn't have any luck.

The problem is that, since moving into the town, Cassie is coming out when it's dark.
    Porshiepoo it is good of you to look for her and there is no such thing as a 'wrong place' right now as she could be anywhere!

Just wish we could get another sighting to know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Does anyone know of dog friendly accommodation in Wick?

Alistair and his wife can't stay in Wick tonight as they have their own dog with them and Cassie is more likely to come out from hiding after dark.

I'm afraid I don't have room or they could have stayed with me.
    Try "Impala" in Broadhaven Rd., Wick 01955 60 2194

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    Try "Impala" in Broadhaven Rd., Wick 01955 60 2194
    Thanks hun but afraid they couldn't stay tonight due to work committments. Really desperate for a sighting now!

This is the first day since Cassie disappeared that there haven't been any sightings.

We just don't know where to look now so really hope someone spots her tomorrow to give us a lead again. Pardon the pun!lol

I have to say I am really heartened by all the very kind orgers, and many local folk, who are helping to look for Cassie. It restores your faith in humanity. So a huge thanks to you all.

I really hope we can share good news soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    <snip>

I really hope we can share good news soon!
    Me too Liz.

Today was a huge disappointment despite everyone's best efforts.

Tomorrow is another and different day........

Stay safe & Well Cassie

Yes we were so hopeful for a result when the couple from Orkney came over but a shame they couldn't have stayed overnight.

Let's hope there is a breakthrough tomorrow. Night night Cassie dear. xxx

The poor girl I can't imagine how upsetting it must be to see her so often and not be able to get near her.

Does anyone know when her owners are coming back?
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

just copied this off facebook!

"I have just seen the missing dog cassie across from the mountain dew bar on the green, couldnt get near her and dont know who to contact"

also

"she kept barking at me and if tried to get to near she went to run and didnt want to spook her"

have given her the carers phone number, dog wardens no for tomorrow and have pm'd liz , just a shame its so late on!
    Last edited by annemarie482; 24-Nov-11 at 01:29.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

cassie was seen on the brae head opposite the mountain dew at approx 12:40am tonight will take a drive up there later see if i can see her and report back

I haven't a clue where any of those thing are. lol.
    Could someone tell me what side of town these places are please?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Pultney, right above the harbour
    jac

i drove around for about an hour lastnight and never spotted her, even went out towards newton hill but nothing, my friend works in the mountain dew so i will ask her to keep a look out tonight, whats the best number for us to call if we do spot her?

I am so glad she has been spotted as was getting worried!

She is definitely going into hiding during the day and coming out after dark to look for food.

Krackenkid it was ever so good of you to go looking for her so late. Or should I say early?lol You did exactly the right thing in not spooking her. If others had done the same we might have had her by now.
    I'll pm you my phone no which you can call anytime.

What is really worrying me is the parade around town tomorrow night as it might be going around the area she is hiding.

Her owner will be back in Orkney tomorrow and I'm hoping she will be coming over here on Saturday. I have told the couple who came over yesterday that Cassie is coming out in the dark and that would be the best time for her owner to go looking for her.

Thanks again everyone!!!!
    Last edited by Liz; 24-Nov-11 at 15:30.

It was myself that spotted her last night when walking home from work, still very lively, maybe she taking shelter at the back of the sheds at harbour or with the boats that was recently taken out the marina. i will continue to keep an eye peeled and will also mention it to locals who regularry take their dogs out walking in that area

Cheers wicker.

I would urge people to not go actively looking for her as really think this might make her feel hunted and cause her to run again.

We have a fair idea where she is and doing everything to get her, or at least keep her there until her owner gets here.

Please just keep a look out for her and report sightings.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast