Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

Default Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

UPDATE tues 11:20am
    Cassie was seen on the main road at Ackergill about 10:15am. If she makes her way into Wick it is possible she might find our house in Tolbooth Lane as she has stayed here a couple of times before. She is obviously tired and hungry now.
    Any news is welcome. Thankyou.

UPDATE I thought I had managed to post an update last night. Cassie is still footloose and fancy-free I'm afraid. She was seen around Keiss several times yesterday and my husband nearly got her about five o-clock on the green there. However she disappeared into the darkness again and that was that. She must be getting tired and hungry now. She hates being wet so if it rains she will probably look for a barn, shed or garage to shelter in. To be honest I don't now how we are actually going to get hold of her now. food and patience are all I can think of. A calm approach and matter of fact voice are essential.
    Thank you all for taking such an interest.

I lost my friend's dog this afternoon at Keiss beach. She ran from the Golf Club carpark north towards Keiss and was last sighted in the dunes beyond the river in the vicinity of Subseas pipe terminal and may have headed inland. She is medium sized, black with a long tail and wearing a pink harness. She is a nervous dog as she is a rescue animal and difficult to get hold of, but she does like her food. Any food! She lives in Orkney and could be anywhere. She's a fast runner and could cover a lot of ground in unfamiliar territory. We searched all afternoon and are desperate to find her. She is called Cassie.
    If anyone sees her could they please contact me on 07899 784422 or 01955 606384.
    Thank you.

UPDATE Cassie is still missing, but thanks to those of you who reported sightings. She was last seen around 11pm on the main road at Freswick. She may be heading back to Gills Bay where she arrived, but in any case the north coast I think.
    As to breed, well who knows? Medium sized. long tail, pointy ears, medium length coat but black with a pink harness is very distinctive.
    Catching her will be difficult and the best bet is food.
    Thank you all again.

UPDATE 14:00
    Cassie has been sighted at Keiss and again back at Reiss Golf Club. Still not got her and camping out in the golf club carpark until we hear anything else. Thank you all for helping.
    Last edited by Cassie the dog; 08-Nov-11 at 12:22. Reason: update

Hope you find her xx

Oh dear, how worrying. Hope you find Cassie soon.

what type of dog is she?
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie the dog View Post
    I lost my friend's dog this afternoon at Keiss beach. She ran from the Golf Club carpark north towards Keiss and was last sighted in the dunes beyond the river in the vicinity of Subseas pipe terminal and may have headed inland. She is medium sized, black with a long tail and wearing a pink harness. She is a nervous dog as she is a rescue animal and difficult to get hold of, but she does like her food. Any food! She lives in Orkney and could be anywhere. She's a fast runner and could cover a lot of ground in unfamiliar territory. We searched all afternoon and are desperate to find her. She is called Cassie.
    If anyone sees her could they please contact me on 07899 784422 or 01955 606384.
    Thank you.
    I suspect you mean Cassie ran away on Reiss Beach heading towards Wester?

Is Cassie a Lab/Cocker cross perchance? I've had more than a few worrying minutes with my Lab/Cocker cross at Reiss.

The good thing to remember (and I know it's little consolation) is that Reiss Beach is quite far from the main road. Hopefully Cassie is warm & comfy in a farmhouse or barn tonight and will be reunited with her owners tomorrow.
    Last edited by Moira; 07-Nov-11 at 00:01.

i live beside wester loch near keiss beach (north of the wester river), my inlaws own some of the dunes and surrounding land.
    i will keep an eye open for you and if i see her will try catch her and let you know.
    good luck finding her.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

I've posted a link to this thread on my facebook, and have also put it on the facebook caithness local ads.
    Fingers crossed shes found soon x
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish

Have been told it was seen in keiss this morning at 9am

keep looking folks!
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish

Glad she's been seen and really hope it won't be long before she is caught.

Will keep an eye out for her.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I saw her on the main road between Freswick and Auckengill heading North last night. Reported it to the owners. Hope they find her soon!

Spotted in South Street, Keiss about ten minutes ago

Son and husband in Keiss looking. First lead all afternoon. Thanks.

I hope you find your Dog, Good Luck and let us know what happens.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

morning folks, just popped in to see if there was any word on cassie being found?
    hope so, was a pretty cold and windy night last night, poor cassie must be hungry too x
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish

UPDATE I thought I had managed to post an update last night. Cassie is still footloose and fancy-free I'm afraid. She was seen around Keiss several times yesterday and my husband nearly got her about five o-clock on the green there. However she disappeared into the darkness again and that was that. She must be getting tired and hungry now. She hates being wet so if it rains she will probably look for a barn, shed or garage to shelter in. To be honest I don't now how we are actually going to get hold of her now. food and patience are all I can think of. A calm approach and matter of fact voice are exsential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie the dog View Post
    UPDATE I thought I had managed to post an update last night. Cassie is still footloose and fancy-free I'm afraid. She was seen around Keiss several times yesterday and my husband nearly got her about five o-clock on the green there. However she disappeared into the darkness again and that was that. She must be getting tired and hungry now. She hates being wet so if it rains she will probably look for a barn, shed or garage to shelter in. To be honest I don't now how we are actually going to get hold of her now. food and patience are all I can think of. A calm approach and matter of fact voice are exsential.
    And a pocket full of biscuits possibly to tempt her; poor Cassie must be frightened...... any point in putting a large crate in the middle of the green with biscuits hidden in some straw to keep her busy and maybe a bowl of food and water outside to make her interested. Would be good if she could look on it as her refuge. Only problem is keeping other animals away but maybe a watch could be organised from a distance.....

Cassie come home!

I also thought would it be possible to dangle a couple of sausages or something at her? She must be starving!
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

UPDATE tues 11:20am
    Cassie was seen on the main road at Ackergill about 10:15am. If she makes her way into Wick it is possible she might find our house in Tolbooth Lane as she has stayed here a couple of times before. She is obviously tired and hungry now.
    Any news is welcome. Thankyou.

hoping she's soon caught and can get a good feed. poor thing, thank goodness its dry weather, one less thing for her to contend with

Have you been in touch with the dog warden? If needed she could set a humane trap to catch Cassie.

I'm going out for a walk soon so will keep a look out for her and take some tasty treats with me.

Really hope for good news soon!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast