Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy Going Around Offering Eating Out Discounts!

Read a lot of positive responses on this thread. It's good to know that many of you got good deals.

We had the same guy come to us at Lybster and most of my neighbours have taken the man up on his offer, so we did too, it will be nice to have a treat or two. It's just the 3 of us so it will slightly be less expenisive.

we bought one too!
    nice guy, genuine deal
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Just admit your wrong!
    Asking Kodiak to admit he's wrong is like asking the earth to stop rotating.

Default Genuine and great value!

Hello,

I have had lot's of phonecalls from the public this afternoon and this evening querying the offer and it is indeed a genuine offer!

Our offer is:

Order two 2 Course meals off our Lunch or Evening Menu and receive the least expensive main meal free up to a maximum saving of £10.50 per main meal.
    (1 free main meal per card per visit)

There are 6 small boxes on the card and every time you use the card we tick the box, so potentially saving up to £63.00....that can't be bad!

The offer is valid until 1st July 2012. Great idea for a Christmas pressie too!

Thanks,
    Park Hotel

[QUOTE=Kodiak;900945]Sure I could be wrong, no harm in being wrong but just careful.

One thing I will say though, No one has yet posted any Names of any Establishment in Caithness who accept the Premier card, so a person can get a Free Dinner if another Person pays for a Dinner.[/QUOTE

Went to Mackays last night, used the card and got £11 off. Good meal too

shame we seem to have missed the guy coming to our house to get the card as we had one before and used it a lot

It is genuine and it is for places in our area. however, as I found out when I tried to use it, you have to order 2 starters, two main courses and two sweets and you only get one main course for free. That is fine if you normally eat that amount of food, for me one course is usually more than enough. It also works for take-aways at Tandoori Spice, so I guess you could feed 4 people on two meals (If you eat as little as we do)
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Spice Tandoori, Charlie Can, Norseman, Park Hotel, MacKays Hotel. Ulbster Arms, Schoolhouse John O'groats, also several placves in Inverness and Dingwall.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I'm unsure about other places but in the Ulbster Arms you have to have 2 people having 2 courses for the offer to be valid. Doesn't matter if one has a starter and a main and the other has a main and a pudding though.

It does state on the voucher what you need to qualify for the discount for each establishment though so you can check before you go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by onecalledk View Post
    When I used to live in Inverness we got this sort of thing all the time. I think if you look at the actual places you can use the card you will find they are in cities and nowhere near you. Even living in Inverness and that was a good many years ago it would have been a struggle to find an eatery that was part of this "scheme". Not so cheap to get the money off if its a 5 hour to the central belt .........

K
    I take it you haven't actually seen one then? All of them appear to be for local restaurants and some have good deals too. Some are even takeaways which is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Incognit0 View Post
    I take it you haven't actually seen one then? All of them appear to be for local restaurants and some have good deals too. Some are even takeaways which is a bonus
    Bought mine today. Loads of local restaurants, hotels and takeaways plus some we use a lot in or on the way to Inverness including Storehouse and the Dores Inn on Loch Ness. Also accommodation in Inverness which is handy.
    Last edited by ducati; 14-Nov-11 at 19:44.

Bought mine a couple of weeks back and have already enjoyed a meal out with £10 off. Ticket only cost £20 so it has almost
    paid for itself. I love eating out so for me it is a bargain and of great use. Plenty local eating establishments and a good way to try out new ones!
    Us Caithnessians seem to need a lot of convincing.

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Also bought this time and a few years ago, but before we handed over the cash I phoned one of the places to make sure, and all was OK.

yeh i think the sale men are staying in castletown hotel and are here for a few weeks yet selling

You can still get a discount card from the company selling them by emailing them at -
    r.scott.mclean@hotmail.co.uk

As there is a lot of interest in the card I have spoken to Scott McLean the team leader selling the card and have now posted a copy of the card on the web site to help everyone make up their mind.

See the card at http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2011/no...php?gallery=12

Scott McLean says he is happy to take orders by phone. Contact him on 07974571025

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    It is genuine and it is for places in our area. however, as I found out when I tried to use it, you have to order 2 starters, two main courses and two sweets and you only get one main course for free. That is fine if you normally eat that amount of food, for me one course is usually more than enough. It also works for take-aways at Tandoori Spice, so I guess you could feed 4 people on two meals (If you eat as little as we do)
    I have used my card three time in two weeks - twice in Inverness - card paid for and ten quid in pocket. You only need to buy a two course meal and even if you do not eat the starter you are at least a fiver in pocket. I saved £30 but even if I ordered starters and did not eat them i would be at least £15 in pocket - getting close to paying for the card with this approach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12