Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hugh McKay (Nottingham, Caithness) married Janet Budge (Forse) in Latheron 4/4/1833

Default Hugh McKay (Nottingham, Caithness) married Janet Budge (Forse) in Latheron 4/4/1833

Their marriage certificate ends my search. They are my great-great-grandparents. Any information on their farms or communities would be much appreciated. Hugh was a grieve but it looks like the Budge's may have owned land in Forse

I think you can find them living at Forse in the 1851 and 1861 censuses on FREECEN. Nottingham and Forse are virtually adjacent communities. Nottingham Mains is one of the bigger farms in Latheron Parish. There is reference to it and Forse in Donald Young's Book of Lybster.
    spittalhill

My GGG grandparents were Hugh McKay and Janet Budge - their daughter Jessie McKay came to New Zealand. Can anyone help me with any more family information please

Hi Gail,
    My GGG grandparents were also Hugh MacKay and Janet, Jessie McKay and Andrew Marshall were my GG grandparents. I am descended from Dave Marshall, their son, and I have been researching the Marshall family on and off since the 1970s. I believe you are descended from Elizabeth. I have only recently tracked down Hugh and Janet thanks to Ancestry.com, and was sure I had found them when I saw they had a son named McKenzie MacKay. I like how the children are named after other members of the family. Could we email and share what information we have? I live in NZ.