Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cat death suspicion

Default Cat death suspicion

Just a word of warning to residents in the lower Ormlie area, yesterday morning we received a phone call to say that one of our cats was dead laying on the grass just round the corner. fearing the worst I went to pick the cat up with a black bag thinking he had been run over. When I saw him he just looked like he was sleeping on the grass,I picked him and gave him a quick examination, there where no signs of any trauma no blood lacerations all his claws intact no broken teeth. He was quite a young cat 4 years old and in good health.Now my second cat is still missing from the 22nd. Now I am hoping im wrong and there is no proof but Im begining to think they may of been poisoned. Anyone else in the area with missing cats or sudden fatalities?
    The second cat that is missing is named Rooney a very timid cat who looks like the "Felix" cat any info would be welcome thank you

two words
    post mortem

Two Words
    cat buried

I hope you find your cat alive and well adi1. I'll keep my paws crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I hope you find your cat alive and well adi1. I'll keep my paws crossed.
    Thank you my wee boy only 18 month is starting to look around the house for the pair now

I had a cat picked up by a passing vet from the side of the road in springpark in just the same way, he could have been asleep, the vet did say sometimes they can be like that.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

If all us farmers thought something had been poisoned every time it dropped dead with no visible signs, then there would be a lot of folk going round saying "Theres been a muuuuurrrrrderrrrrr"!

Wherever you have livestock, you have deadstock - Applies from goldfish upwards.

two cats have gone missing from my area,4 or 5 nights ago.

Sorry to hear of your cat's death. It is the time of year when people put out poison for mice and rats in their sheds and garages, could it be possible that the cat has eaten mice with poison in their gut?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 27-Oct-11 at 00:56.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Just to let everyone know Rooney the missing cat turned up yesterday, a bit on the thin side but other than that in good health........thanks to everyone who contacted me with info

That's great news, adi1. I can uncross my paws now.