Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jazz At Lyth - Sat 15th Oct

Smile Jazz At Lyth - Sat 15th Oct

The Caithness Arts Index has posted the following article:

Jazz At Lyth - Sat 15th Oct

Jazz - Caithness Big Band David Patrick's Beyond Borders Quintet, Sat. 15th Oct. ... [Read Full Article]

Why are the tickets so expensive for events at Lyth?

£12 for 5 world class musicians and the Big Band too, expensive?- I don't think so. £10 for concessions too! There are gigs around and about that are £60 a seat and more. If it were anywhere else how much is the travel be as well as the ticket? The centre is a fantastic resource that just about keeps its head above water financially thanks to William's enthusiasm and effort. It is for everyone in Caithness and to my mind the prices charged are just way cheaper than they ever should be, go along - it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertieboy View Post
    Why are the tickets so expensive for events at Lyth?
    What do you normally pay to see professional entertainers in small intimate environment where there is a break for refreshments and you can relax with the cast afterwards?

Where you can wander outside during the break and enjoy a beautiful summer's evening or, during the winter months, sit beside a cosy open fire talking to new friends and old acquaintances.

And, as Davem said, there are concessions for those on low incomes or out of work or retired; can't get better than that I don't think!
    Last edited by Torvaig; 15-Oct-11 at 11:06.