Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: in remembrance

Default in remembrance

with remembrance day only a month and a bit away, ive been thinking of our soldiers more..
    and then this morning i came across this pic with description on my face book.. and it really touched me..
    and i wanted to share it with you guys.. I hope that everyone takes a moment and sees how big such a little thing as a photo can really be!

Please meet Landon.. his dad Marine LCPL Carpenter made the ultimate sacrifice while serving with the 3/8 in Afghanistan earlier this year.. a month before his son was born. Never forget the price of freedom.
    http://itqueries.com/

Tilly Teckel Guest

I bet that's a photo that little boy will treasure when he's older x

Lets just pray that there are no more poppy burners. If I was present and it happened I'm afraid to say my self restrain would be thrown out the window.
    Last edited by Bazeye; 01-Oct-11 at 02:14. Reason: double post

I don't think this has any place on the photography forum - general maybe..

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    I don't think this has any place on the photography forum - general maybe..
    Its a photograph and this is a photography forum.Seems like a logical place to post a photo.

A photo can say a lot more than words ever could, this one certainly does, the story is in the picture and conjures up all sorts of thoughts of things that happened that the majority of us will never experience !!!

And yes, there is a place for this type of photograph on a photography forum, it may not be to everyones taste, but then photo journalism rarely is and I would say this photo possibly falls into that category.

nirofo.

Lovely picture

Oh my what a photo...........the wee soul, it brings a lump to your throat............sadly........it says it all and thanks for posting it Brandy, may we remember them for their ultimate sacrifice.

Garnet
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

Quote Originally Posted by nirofo View Post
    A photo can say a lot more than words ever could, this one certainly does, the story is in the picture and conjures up all sorts of thoughts of things that happened that the majority of us will never experience !!!

And yes, there is a place for this type of photograph on a photography forum, it may not be to everyones taste, but then photo journalism rarely is and I would say this photo possibly falls into that category.

nirofo.
    Couldn't agree more.
    www.flickr.com/photos/wicker05

The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.