Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: "ah"

Smile "ah"

A police motorcycle cop stops a driver for running a red light. The driver is a real jerk, and gets out of his car demanding to know why he is being harassed by the Gestapo! The officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly begins questioning the officer's ancestry, sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit terms.

The tirade goes on without the officer saying anything.

When the officer finishes writing the ticket he puts an "AH" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the ticket. He then hands it to the 'violator' for his signature. The guy angrily signs the ticket, and when presented with his copy points to the "AH" and demands to know what it stands for.

The officer says, "That's so when we go to court, I'll remember that you're an asshole!"

Two months later they're in court. The 'violator' has a bad driving record and he is in danger of losing his licence, so he has hired a lawyer to represent him.

On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run the red light.

Under cross examination the defence attorney asks; "Officer is this a reasonable facsimilie of the ticket that you issued to my client?"

Officer responds, "Yes, sir, that is the defendants copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top."

Lawyer: "Officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this ticket that you don't normally make?"

"Yes, sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an "AH", underlined."

"What does the "AH" stand for, Officer?"

"Aggressive and hostile, sir."

"Aggressive and hostile?"

"Yes, sir."

"Officer, are you sure it doesn't stand for asshole?"

"Well, sir, you know your client better than I do."

How often can one get an attorney to convict his own client......
    Last edited by linnie612; 30-Sep-11 at 01:34.