Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: caithness and other drivers

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    The know they'll get there quicker! At least I think that must be it as I don't see them clutching the handbrake when they do accept a lift and I often take other people who don't speed and seem quite happy to repeat the experience. I usually drive around 55 in a 60 limit where they drive 65/70.

Sometimes wonder what people do with all that time saved. I counted the seconds once that a car which passed me arrived at a town speed limit before me - it was a good 12 secs!
    Is that a speedo indicated 55 which in all probability is 50 or a true GPS indicated 55?

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    Is that a speedo indicated 55 which in all probability is 50 or a true GPS indicated 55?
    Funny you say that, just this morning I was in my car using the GPS, the GPS was indicating 84mph and the speedometer was reading pretty much the same.

Yet another pointless thread about drivers in Caithness! No need for this, it's the least constructive topic to talk about! Thank you and good nightFor goodness sake the org is getting worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme_Egg View Post
    Yet another pointless thread about drivers in Caithness! No need for this, it's the least constructive topic to talk about! Thank you and good nightFor goodness sake the org is getting worse!
    Oh come on, it's been much worse that this!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Gosh you go to bed early!!

I know, it's nearly as bad as that thread about would you/wouldn't you pick up hitch hikers.......Now who started that one?...Let me think for a minute.....Oh I know, it's the Humpty Dumpty with creme filling fella!!

C3.........

To a certain extent I could agree with you; so why don't you liven up the Org by making a constructive contribution to the discussions; any discussions! I see that you've been a member for a couple of years and yet have only made 135 posts! I think you can remedy that. Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses so let's hear more of it!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

The comments did get lively. Especially those in response to my posting. Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Must have been very long lights then.
    100mph for 10mins = 16.6miles
    hgv speed limit on a normal road is 40mph which equates to 6.6 miles covered in the 10 mins.
    therefore for the lorry to catch you, you must have been stationary for a minimum of 15mins.
    Purely subjective, I didn't have a stop watch....don't you have a telly?

Happy Birthday Kev, have a good slow day !!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Purely subjective, I didn't have a stop watch....don't you have a telly?
    lol..I do have too much time on my hands
    To be fair one minute at a ton seems like a long time.

I wonder if windowman has had any messages yet?

windowlicker more like

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456