Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: caithness and other drivers

Default caithness and other drivers

what is the need off speed slow down and save a life .no need to speed as you get there in time thanks

This would have been an interesting post, I think, but I am nor sure at all what the OP is on about. Anyone care to translate for me.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    This would have been an interesting post, I think, but I am nor sure at all what the OP is on about. Anyone care to translate for me.
    "Drivers of Caithness and drivers not from Caithness. Why do you all think you need to speed on our roads? Slow down and save a life, you will still get to where you are going without the need for speed"!!.....
    I think its something like that anyway Kodiak.

I will just add my own bit.!....... "Better to get there late than not get there at all"!!!

C3......................

or its better to be 5 minutes late in this life than 5 minutes early in the next
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    "Drivers of Caithness and drivers not from Caithness. Why do you all think you need to speed on our roads? Slow down and save a life, you will still get to where you are going without the need for speed"!!.....
    I think its something like that anyway Kodiak.

I will just add my own bit.!....... "Better to get there late than not get there at all"!!!

C3......................
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

'I'm too important to care about speed limits, I just wish all you slow drivers would stay out of my bloody way', is the arrogant attitude more and more these days, especially drivers of German made cars.

And Italian...if god wanted us to survive crashes he would have given us airbags

I don't drive very fast, (in fact I don't do anything very fast).

I would consider myself to be a safe driver and over thirty years without a scrape I think is good, however, the accidents that have been near misses due to impatient drivers that try unsafe maneuvers to get by me is another story.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

As a father of a young baby worse fear is other road users, i am no saint when it comes to driving i occasionally drive at 65 - 70 but when wee one is in the car 50 - 60 the thing is people overtaking on blind summits and blind corners that’s just dangerous a little comon sense to those who are in a hurry 80 +

What really annoys me are the ones who totally ignore the speed limits eg the 40 limit at Reiss, 50 at Murkle and 30 at Keiss as that is a blind hill coming from the north.

maybe if the police were a bit more discreet, didn't stand out a mile away like a hi viz beacon and drivers didn't flash oncoming drivers to warn others of their presence there'd be a few more prosecutions.

my favourites are the (usually older) drivers who pootle along at 40 - 50 mph and then carry on through the villages at the same speed

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    maybe if the police were a bit more discreet, didn't stand out a mile away like a hi viz beacon and drivers didn't flash oncoming drivers to warn others of their presence there'd be a few more prosecutions.

my favourites are the (usually older) drivers who pootle along at 40 - 50 mph and then carry on through the villages at the same speed
    Perhaps if you look at it this way...
    Speed Prevention is as good as charging someone....
    i.e. The Police being seen and those that flash their light are also doing a service.....

sorry, can't agree with you, all people do is slow down (put their seat belts on and lower their mobile) then as soon as their past, they speed up again and resume their call.

3 points + is the best speed prevention

dont see the issue with speed here, speed never hurt anyone

It does if it hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    dont see the issue with speed here, speed never hurt anyone
    Speed......plus idiot driver = hurt or even death!!!!

C3............

I agree that excessive speed in the wrong place and or conditions is dangerous. However I also think that drivers who fail to make suffcient progress, for example drivers who sit at 30-45 mph on national speed limit roads in clear conditions are just as dangerous.

Nope. They may be irritating but the accident is caused by the impatient driver overtaking in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialyser View Post
    I agree that excessive speed in the wrong place and or conditions is dangerous. However I also think that drivers who fail to make suffcient progress, for example drivers who sit at 30-45 mph on national speed limit roads in clear conditions are just as dangerous.
    Drivers are obliged to make progress, but 'progress' is a subjective thing. A good driver will drive within their limits, not at the behest of the numptie behind him/her. The national speed limit is just that - a speed limit! It is not a target for you and your vehicle to attain.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

The department for transport state that in 2009, 143 accidents were directly caused by slow drivers. I suspect this figure is grossly under-reported.

I agree Gronnuck that speed limits are not a target to be aimed for, but if in clear safe conditions you only feel competent to drive at 30mph on open roads frankly you shouldn't be driving.........indeed you would have failed your driving test for doing so.

I think you will find that it is the sudden stop that is the problem

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast