Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: helloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default helloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone enlighten me to the fares on the stagecoach buses.If I get the no 82 it costs me £4 for a return from Halkirk to Thurso but if I get the X99 it only costs me £3.40 for a return for the same journey. I have asked some of the bus drivers but no one seems to know why the fares are so different.???????????????

I would imagine you would get the right answer from Stagecoach themselves. Try phoning or emailing their depot in Inverness.

I dialed 999 and asked "what time does the train run between Inverness and Wick", but I was told off and given a very stern warning for wasting police time and the 999 service was for emergencies only.

I then pointed out it was an emergency, I had been tied to the railway track on a stag outing.

Sorry, I'll get my coat. (again)
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

thanx will do x

well!!!! finally got an e-mail from stagecoach seems the no 99 bus had the wrong computer code for fares from Halkirk to Thurso the fare is defo £4.00 a return.

A computer must set the fares as the crow flies or something. When i worked at BT, the bus from the comm to the business park was £1.05. From miller bsu stop, via the comm, to the business park was 95p. It was tje same vice versa. Clearly either a computer done it it they had more passengers from that stop so charged more.

Oops. Shouldnt have said anything.