Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A short film i made of Caithness

Default A short film i made of Caithness

i know i missed alot of places around caithness but i will get them on my next few films.
    Hope you enjoy
    http://vimeo.com/29361307
    Last edited by bcsman; 21-Sep-11 at 10:18.
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Great stuff.

It was very jerky on my computer.Probably internet connection slow or not enough RAM .Still enjoyed it Thank's for posting.

Regards AK.

Wow, that's beautiful! A lovely thing to watch on this cold, miserable day.

AK - you've probably already done this but incase you don't know, the jerkiness is caused by the pictures downloading or buffering I believe (and I possibly sound like I have a clue whereas I don't!). If you let it play through and then play it again straight away, all the jerkiness should be gone and you will be able to enjoy it more.
    ~*~ Gill ~*~
    Meiklejohns Confectioners, Thurso Street, Wick
    Open every day 8 am - 10.30 pm

Superb! Thanks for sharing.
    www.flickr.com/photos/wicker05

The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

5. Default

Great show bcsman,a very time consuming project,i've been stuck half way through a night sky one since the spring.Well worth your efforts though when your final result is so good.
    Roughly,how many shots do you think to took for it all and is this at vimeos 24 fps?
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 21-Sep-11 at 19:08.

Thanks for all the nice comments
    Thanks MPH,your star timelapse video will be amazing if its the same quality as your star pics,i cant wait to see it.
    I use Corel Videostudio Pro to put the time lapse sequence's together,its at 25 frames a second and ill take a wild guess at the amount of stills i took for my video,i guess about 4500 to 5000 images.
    Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Great show bcsman,a very time consuming project,i've been stuck half way through a night sky one since the spring.Well worth your efforts though when your final result is so good.
    Roughly,how many shots do you think to took for it all and is this at vimeos 24 fps?
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    Thanks for all the nice comments
    Thanks MPH,your star timelapse video will be amazing if its the same quality as your star pics,i cant wait to see it.
    I use Corel Videostudio Pro to put the time lapse sequence's together,its at 25 frames a second and ill take a wild guess at the amount of stills i took for my video,i guess about 4500 to 5000 images.
    Thanks again
    Cheers for that.So far it aint amazing..lol

It worked for me thank you Mrs Sweetie. Always thought buffering went into ram.

Regards AK.

Loved The Aurora over Wick..well done.

absolutely stunning, I'd been hoping someone with more technical know how than myself would do something along this lines for a few years now. You've done a great job thanks for sharing it on here.

Excellent end result. I (not surprisingly!) agree with Lizz

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Loved The Aurora over Wick..well done.