Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Willow art Thurso bound

Default Willow art Thurso bound

Exhibition entitled Spirit of the Air

AN EXHIBITION entitled Spirit of the Air and featuring large scale suspended and wall based willow works by leading artist Lizzie Farey is currently on display at Inverness Museum & Art Gallery prior to visiting the Swanson Gallery in Thurso.
    This solo exhibition, celebrates the new creative direction of one of Scotland’s highest profile practitioners.
    Willow has truly captured Lizzie’s fascination her dexterous manipulation of willow, hazel and ash is evident in the pieces on display.
    Lizzie has been able to spend time in her studio developing new work thanks to the receipt of a prestigious Scottish Arts Council Creative Development Award. The award marks, and adds to, the success and accomplishments of her practice and international profile achieved through exhibitions, events, private and public commissions and purchases for collections.
    Lizzie Farey says of her work: “I have a fascination with living things and natural form. For me, willow has become a medium for an interaction with nature that is deeply personal. Using willow, birch, heather, bog myrtle and many other locally grown woods, my work ranges form traditional to organic sculptural forms.”
    The exhibition was recently shown at the city Art Centre, Edinburgh and is a collaborative project with the Gracefield Arts Centre in Dumfries, funded by Creative Scotland. It will run in the Small Gallery at Inverness Museum & Art Gallery until 5 October and will open at the Swanson Gallery in Thurso on the 12th November.
    Last edited by Nwicker60; 19-Sep-11 at 16:23.