Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Friday Night Rock Show - Rockulus Maximus!

Default Friday Night Rock Show - Rockulus Maximus!

Just want to let people know about Gary Clarke's excellent new rock show on Fri Nights, 10-12. It started on the 9th September, and he's trying to get more listeners interested, so if you like any kind of Rock music styles, old and new, then tune in to Caithness 102.5 FM...

If you google Rockulus Maximus , youll find the main website, and also Facebook and Twitter pages where you can join up and ask for requests/dedications.

Apart from just playing music has been lining up phone interviews with some well-known bands, and also hopes to get local up-and-coming bands, so it'll be well worth a listen...

Not really listened to the FNRS since Paula left - Went downhill big time after that. Must try and get back into it then!

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Not really listened to the FNRS since Paula left - Went downhill big time after that. Must try and get back into it then!
    Well I'm sure Gary'll be glad of your support! Admittedly I wouldn't normally go out of my way to listen to CFM much at all, but when I learned that Gary was making a comeback after something like 11 years I had to know more. It was only by chance that I found out because I sent an email to CFM, last month, just asking if they knew what he was up to these days...and then Gary himself replied telling me he was currently in talks with them about getting a slot. Total coincidence!

So you can receive the signal loud and clear up there aye? That's good because it's not that great even here in Thurso.;O)

Default Thank you!

Just wanted to quickly say a BIG thanks to those who dropped by www.rockulusmaximus.com as we've now exceeded 1000 hits. I very much appreciate your support of the newly re-launched Rock Show, and there will be more exclusive interviews and prize giveaways in the future during the show. Keep on Rockin'!

After an exciting January (interviews with Wolfsbane and Nazareth, plus a wee recording by Ian Gillan), I can announce that I had the good fortune to chat with Ricky Warwick who is currently fronting Thin Lizzy. The interview will be aired on "Rockulus Maximus", Caithness FM on Friday the 10th of February. Don't forget to keep upto date with developments on the Facebook profile and to check www.rockulusmaximus.com if you like your Rock music. Thanks as always for your support! :O)

"Life's a journey, not a destination"

Default Thank You!

Just dropping by to say thanks to those who have visited www.rockulusmaximus.com over the past couple of months. The site has registered just over 14,000 hits for January and the same for February! The website is receiving hits from Sweden, Germany, China and India amongst lots of other countries along with naturally, the UK and USA. I appreciate your support a lot and wanted to say thanks to Caithness FM for taking me back.

Don't forget this Friday evening (9th March), there's a live chat with Tommy Heart regarding his "Help! for Japan" charity venture, marking the one year anniversary after the tragic tsunami disaster. Tommy along with 13 other singers from various rock bands have all come together to record a cover version of The Beatles song "Help!", which is released on Friday the 9th of March.

Great to see The Newmarket have a website now. Hope that up and coming bands make the most of such a cool venue.

Don't normally venture into the music forum often but your thread caught my eye...

Can I make a suggestion for your site/show?

Spotify playlists for what you've played in each show.

Although they wont provide the massive additional content in your show (chat, interviews etc) it will give some of us philistines a flavour of the music played and perhaps a reason to tune in next week

e.g.:

Web Link (non Spotify users):
    CFM - Fri Rock Show 9/3/12

or

Spotify Link (Spotify users):
    CFM - Fri Rock Show 9/3/12

The List can of course be shared to Facebook, Twitter and other Spotify users.

BTW: This playlist is missing 3 tracks, but as I've made the list collaborative, I think that means it can be added to by others if they should find something that's missing

Default Update & Survey

Apologies Niall, I haven't been on here for a couple of days. Many thanks for taking an interest, and it's an interesting idea you have. I'll look into it.

Totally appreciate your time and support.
    Last edited by Rockulus; 21-Mar-12 at 15:00.