Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sky

Unhappy sky

Has recently contacted sky regarding the ridiculous prices off that their tarriffs are with the cheeky hope that would get offered a free upgrade (i currently dont have sky plus), Got offered upgrade to sky plus hd but only if take out the hd pack at over £10 per month, no point in this i say as i do not have an hd tv. To get ordinary sky plus into my house it is a minimum of £109, does anyone know any cheaper alternative ways of getting sky plus as cant afford that and sky aint budging in giving it to me for free or lesser amount even though have been with them for 10 years. Some people have all the luck, wee complaint and upgrade, i just aint one of those lucky people

Do you have the movies and/or sports packages?

If not skyplus is £10/month extra anyway. (At least it used to be)

<EDIT> I see it's not an extra tenner anymore. I'd just phone them up and cancel, if they don't offer you it for free join again in a month or two as a new customer.

They'll have to upgrade your dish and run an extra cable for sky+, but won't get any extra subscription from you. I wonder if that's why they don't want to offer it for free.
    Last edited by theone; 16-Sep-11 at 14:22.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

I have the sky sports package

cancel whole thing? yeah suppose but knowing my luck when went to rejoin would still be charged extra

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    cancel whole thing? yeah suppose but knowing my luck when went to rejoin would still be charged extra
    I'm not so sure if they'd go as far as letting you cancel.

They'll probably offer you it at the last minute.

Tell them you've been a customer for 10 years and you refuse to pay money when new customers get it for free.

I did that when my HD box broke down. It took 40 minutes on the phone but I got a box for free.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Just get Freeview and spend the money on something worthwhile.......

i would miss sky too much if went to freeview.

Yeah think phonecall might be in order, was doing it through email but just getting substandard responses. Will wait until after the football this weekend just incase dont get my own way

We have SKY+HD and seldom use the HD channels as they use up double the recording space on the box. Is it only new HD customers who don`t have the pay the extra tenner? We are still being charged the full price.

Wicker, if your phone call has no success please send me a pm and I will give you the number for the complaints escalation team, as I think you have a very good case for a free upgrade.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Is it only new HD customers who don`t have the pay the extra tenner? We are still being charged the full price.
    No, I think all HD viewers have to pay the tenner.

You used to have to pay £10 for sky+ to work if you didn't have sports or movies, but that seems to have stopped now.

- Charles de Gaulle

Yeah think phonecall might be in order, was doing it through email but just getting substandard responses. Will wait until after the football this weekend just incase dont get my own way
    I went through about 3 departments before I got what I wanted.

It was only when I got to the final, cancellation, dept that I got it.

They'll try all sorts, special price for 3 months etc. They'll even tell you to phone back at the end of the month rather than cancel now, as you've already paid for the month.

Just keep saying "no thank you, I'd rather cancel than be treated worse than a new customer" and you'll get there!

- Charles de Gaulle

They have alot of people over a barrel. I onyl watch football and documentaries and im charges £50 a month for the privelage!

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    They have alot of people over a barrel. I onyl watch football and documentaries and im charges £50 a month for the privelage!
    Once we get faster broadband speeds up here I'll be cancelling the sports package and ESPN and subscribing to one of the streaming websites.

- Charles de Gaulle

Yep, don't have HD (not interested) don't have Sky+ not interested defo don't have 3D but it is still a massive bill every month just to watch telly, bearing in mind you already pay a licence fee for all the Beeb channels and buy the crip the rest advertise. I really don't want anything to do with a Murdock company so what do you do?

We need cable and we need it now!

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Once we get faster broadband speeds up here I'll be cancelling the sports package and ESPN and subscribing to one of the streaming websites.
    Alleged BB upgrade soon!

ESPN are a rip off. I simply wont pay that for one channel unless its called playboy TV!

What streaming websites? Are there legal ones you can get games from?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Yep, don't have HD (not interested) don't have Sky+ not interested defo don't have 3D but it is still a massive bill every month just to watch telly, bearing in mind you already pay a licence fee for all the Beeb channels and buy the crip the rest advertise. I really don't want anything to do with a Murdock company so what do you do?

We need cable and we need it now!
    I always wondered how they justified charging and showing adverts too!

I cant see cable ever making it too here unless infinity from BT takes a gamble

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    Alleged BB upgrade soon!

ESPN are a rip off. I simply wont pay that for one channel unless its called playboy TV!

What streaming websites? Are there legal ones you can get games from?
    Can't remember the name right now, but a mate uses one. It's not very good with broadband speeds in Thurso (he gave me his login name to try it) but it works great for him. Costs about a fiver a month and shows most games. Not 100% sure about the legality to be honest.

- Charles de Gaulle

To get sky+ free, cancel your subscription then wait a couple of weeks and open a new subscription in a partners name or yours if your old one was in their name, that way it is a new account and you will get it free !

I use to work for sky in a past life. Phone them up in the middle of the week and tell them you want to cancel. Tell them you don't think you're getting value for money at *whatever you're paying at the moment*. The customer service advisor should pass you to 'Turnaround' where the advisors are authorised to make you an offer. BSkyeB don't like losing customers to Virgin Media, BT Vision or anyone else.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Has recently contacted sky regarding the ridiculous prices off that their tarriffs are with the cheeky hope that would get offered a free upgrade (i currently dont have sky plus), Got offered upgrade to sky plus hd but only if take out the hd pack at over £10 per month, no point in this i say as i do not have an hd tv. To get ordinary sky plus into my house it is a minimum of £109, does anyone know any cheaper alternative ways of getting sky plus as cant afford that and sky aint budging in giving it to me for free or lesser amount even though have been with them for 10 years. Some people have all the luck, wee complaint and upgrade, i just aint one of those lucky people
    You phone them up and threaten to cancel. Tell them you are not happy and they will try to convince you to stay and you may just get your free upgrade. No harm in trying.

On a personal note I wouldn't bother with sky at all. Had a bad expereince with them regarding our cancellation. Left us for 3 months unable to get broadband due to their blunder and still expected us to pay for the time they took to cancel. Money hungry.

Spend the money on a hard disc recorder and watch Freeview. If thats not enough for you, you need to get out more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast