Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Curtain alterations

Default Curtain alterations

Ever bought curtains but found they are just too long? Are they still lurking in the back of the cupboard?
    If this sounds like a familiar scenario maybe I can help!

As a graduate textiles and design student who has finally moved back home, I'm in the midst of setting up a business and am ready and able to help with any curtain or blind alterations you may need......

Whether they are too long or too wide, too short or just don't look right, please give me a shout to see if I can help you out.

Service can include an initial home visit and measure up if required, local pick up and delivery included in the price.

You can get in touch via PM on the org, or give me a call on 01955 621849

Are you any good at mending sheets off the binder?

I just cut the excess off the bottom and then Wonderweb them back to the desired length...simples!!!!

C3................

Nope - Just tried that C3 - Hardly a sheaf had come out the side, and the Wonderweb had let go again....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Nope - Just tried that C3 - Hardly a sheaf had come out the side, and the Wonderweb had let go again....
    Did you have your iron set to the right temperature OC ???

C3.........

Right temperature? The dehorning iron only has one temperature....

All best backlassfarm, with your intended businessl

Ignore the negativity of the few.

Good news C3! Have found that the livingroom curtains make perfect binder sheets! Got a whole field done before dark! Just don't tell the wife....

The power of e Org!

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    All best backlassfarm, with your intended businessl

Ignore the negativity of the few.
    Thanks Moira!

all the best with your new venture are you doing clothes also like zips hems letting out or taking in etc

Quote Originally Posted by sheilapl View Post
    all the best with your new venture are you doing clothes also like zips hems letting out or taking in etc
    Thanks Sheilapl! I'm sticking to the household side of things with this venture, but I can highly recommend Jennifer Easton for any clothing alterations you may need doing! She has a shop, JAED at 104 High Street in Wick, (Pollard's old mortgage shop) and is a whiz kidd with clothing, both alterations and made to measure garments

I would like to recommend Backlassfarm, she did a fantastic job of altering curtains for me for the shop (Lunch Box). Very reasonable aswell

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock2007 View Post
    I would like to recommend Backlassfarm, she did a fantastic job of altering curtains for me for the shop (Lunch Box). Very reasonable aswell
    Thank you shamrock, glad you are pleased with them I have been meaning to pop in and see how you're getting on, hope business is good!