Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: /ce

Default /ce

When gaming (COD) recently on my acer 5535 laptop someone suggested clicking the funny button below "esc" then typing in "/ce". I'm obviously a prat to have done this but what does that do, why is it messing things up, and how can I sort it !!!!!

Any help is appreciated.

what has it done?

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

This can easily be solved by going to http://www.army.mod.uk/join/20068.aspx and clicking the link under "Apply Online"

In no time at all, you'll be on the front line getting shot at and shooting the Taliban.

I ran Glary Utilities which improved things but the game freezes after a while.

An occasional bit of game playing is OK in my opinion . I'm broad minded enough to have no problem with how people spend their leisure time. As long as they're not " sniping " at people on 'e Org.

The funny key is usually called the tilda, it will bring up a command and debug console (kind of like a command line or DOS prompt for the game).

Before I can help you further I'll need to know what version of Call of Duty it is and what exactly is messed up or looks weird.

Sounds a lot like the folk telling nubs to "press ALT+F4 to get to the (insert something cool sounding)" in various other games I've played online

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie View Post
    Sounds a lot like the folk telling nubs to "press ALT+F4 to get to the (insert something cool sounding)" in various other games I've played online
    You beat me to that one

Go on guys - try it!! I dare you...
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

COD 2003
    Was very slow after "help " but freezes up more often now. I'm only running a laptop.

Leanne -
    Yep.
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 08-Sep-11 at 22:45.