Nurseries and playgroups take a bow

STAFF from North Highland Caithness nurseries and playgroups will this week receive awards for their organisations from I CAN the Early Talk Scheme run by the national charity for children with speech and language difficulties.
This rigorous scheme accredits nurseries that have achieved 38 standards designed to show the centres skills in creating the right environments for children's language and communication skills to flourish.
On Wednesday, Wick Councillor Gail Ross will be in attendance at the Norseman Hotel in Wick, for the presentation of awards for Supportive Level Accreditation to: Dunbeath Nursery, Watten Nursery, Croileagan Nursery (Thurso), Playbox Nursery (Wick), Backstairs Nursery (Wick), Hillhead Nursery (Wick), CEYAC (Wick), Busy Bees (Bower), and Scallywags Nursery (Dunnet), Pulteney Town Academy Nursery, Pennyland Nursery, Norlin Playgroup, Farr Nursery, and Castletown Playgroup.
Previous I CAN award winners in Caithness, Canisbay Nursery, and North Wick Nursery will also be presented with Health Check certificates for maintaining accreditation status for a further year.
I CAN is the children’s communication charity. I CAN’s mission is to ensure that no child who struggles to communicate is left out or left behind. Their vision is a world where all children and young people who struggle to communicate receive the help they need so that they can have a happy childhood, make progress at school and thrive as adults. For further information visit the I CAN website at: http://www.ican.org.uk/