Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meals in Thurso

Default Meals in Thurso

Caithness Import & The Charlatans have invited Bingobabe & myself out for a meal. Now as they live on the thurso side of the county, we would like to go out up there afterwards.
    Can anyone recommend a good place for food up there?

For me it is always Le Bistro. Great fresh food and not too pricey.
    They are closed tonight but are open for lunches and evening meals but i am not sure what nights

you can find it opposite the central hotel and to the right of souters

I agree with Fluff, you can't go wrong in the Bistro. The Tempest Surf is pretty good too.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    I agree with Fluff, you can't go wrong in the Bistro. The Tempest Surf is pretty good too.
    Where is that? Ive no heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by willowbankbear View Post
    Where is that? Ive no heard of it
    What, the Bistro? It's across from the central, or the Tempest Surf is along from Riverside Replicas.

Don't go to the Wiegh Inn, a few of us went for a meal and it was awfull, the only thing that saved it was the nice waitress and the good company.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Pentland serves good food.

Dont go to the Royal last time i was there our food was either cold or half cooked.

I would recommend Le Bistro or The Pentland.

Both lovely for food.

Pentland or the St Clair
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

the pentland is good and they have just recently changed their menu.
    The Holborn can also be good for food.

Thanks for all yer suggestions, Im still no sure?Whats the upper Deck like nowadays? Ive not been there for many years

personally, I wouldn't recommend it - I always have steak when I'm there, but its far too over-priced these days - get better value at Pentland or Le Bistro.

A friend was there & was very disappointed. She said the salad that was served with starter was terrible and would have been thrown in the bin if it was at home. She never ate it and would never return.

I've heard very mixed reports over-all about the upper deck recently - its either terrific or terrible. Never hear anything bad about Le Bistro or Pentland. Have heard the Holborn is really good, but not tried it yet.

The Royal, Upper Deck & Weigh Inn are all off my 'places to eat or recommend' list I'm afraid.

Haven't been to Park in a while, but its meant to be good too.

I'd recommend the Park for meals. Very nice food in there. A nice choice of food and they always have a good selection on the specials board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'd recommend the Park for meals. Very nice food in there. A nice choice of food and they always have a good selection on the specials board.
    The foods good, pity you've got to wait so long for it though. I realise that there's a wait for fresh cooked food but the last time I was there we had to wait nearly an hour.

Really? We always got our fairly quickly. Suppose it depends when you go in. We're usually in on a Sunday night and its generally quite busy then. No longer than 20mins usually.

I was in one Friday night with my girlfriend and it was very quick also.

Thumbs up

the holborn does really good meals too,it's a totally different place since it was done up,really pleasant 10 outa 10.
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

Default meals

I think the Holborn is great too. I think Le Bistro is overpriced at night time, you get exacly the same portion as at lunchtime only its double in price...£14.00 for fajitas !!!!! is extortionate. Although it is good food and nice atmosphere as the staff are lovely...just pricey.

The Holborn Hotel is really very good. I would highly recommend it.

the upper deck is quite good

Quote Originally Posted by saxovtr View Post
    the upper deck is quite good
    Aye , yer only sayin that coz ye & Ben worked there & they gave ye free food

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast