Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Your "jokes" were in extreme bad taste buddy
    3000 old folk died there and you were cracking cheap gags in the name of humour or to try and prove a point.
    Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing. I didn't actually find them funny, but that's not the point. You don't censor what you disagree with or find 'offensive'

Oh er, does that mean I need to stop telling that Amy Winehouse / Michael Jackson joke?

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing.
    Two wrongs do not make a right pal
    Just because you have heard other idiots mocking disasters or atrocities doesnt make it OK for you to also mock them.
    If you must crack these sick jokes move it to the humour forum where it may be better received.

Ill bet you had a real belly laugh at the Tsunami's over the past few years eh, oh and did you hear the one about the lad killed in a car crash.......

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Just what were you doing with Shergar?

(or is a that a question for a different type of forum?)
    I was catching up on the latest gossip, right from the horses mouth

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing. I didn't actually find them funny, but that's not the point. You don't censor what you disagree with or find 'offensive'
    I'd say that just about sums up my attitude to posts made on here. There's plenty that are quick to criticise others for being 'easily offended' and yet are quick themselves to become 'offended' when someone else posts something they don't like. It's like watching a text version of the Muppet Show somedays...but with most of the humour missing.

If ye canna take it......

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I was catching up on the latest gossip, right from the horses mouth
    Brave man with those teeth

Bert and Ernie anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cullpacket View Post
    Think you missed the point mi16 it was a terrible thing what happened the americans killing there own the point I was trying to get accross was that the buildings did not fall over they were hit two thirds up, Who pressed the button that made them collapse from the ground up??
    No-one, since they both collapsed from the top down. Now go and put the tinfoil hat back on your head, the alien messages must be leaking into your brain again.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

I will be glad to see the 9/11 anniversary pass quietly on here with no more sick jokes thinly veiled as debate stimuli.
    Last edited by mi16; 09-Sep-11 at 18:39. Reason: being an idiot

Which anniversary? The 9.9945 year one? Seems an odd anniversary to commemorate.... I guess the 10th anniversary in 2 days time may be more meaningful...

I will never forget the terrible events of 11/9 and what happened to the Pentagon, Flight 93 and also the Three Towers

9/11

That's just a penny short of ten bob, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    9/11

That's just a penny short of ten bob, that is.
    Showing your age now Walter....I used to love the 10 bob note, I felt quite rich if I had one of those!!!

C3...............

Personally, I haven't even bothered to take the time or the effort to read most of the posts on this thread......

PEOPLE DIED; LOVED ONES LOST THEIR LIVES; CHILDREN LOST PARENTS; PARENTS LOST THEIR CHILD; HUSBANDS LOST WIVES; WIVES LOST HUSBANDS......

My attitude to this whole thread is.......when you have experience of such a tradgedy/horrific act/collapsing building/..etc. etc. etc. ....then PLEASE, DO feel free to discuss said issue; until then......

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET and HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST; A LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD !!!.........enough said !
    Last edited by cherokee; 09-Sep-11 at 19:14.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Personally, I haven't even bothered to take the time or the effort to read most of the posts on this thread......

PEOPLE DIED; LOVED ONES LOST THEIR LIVES; CHILDREN LOST PARENTS; PARENTS LOST THEIR CHILD; HUSBANDS LOST WIVES; WIVES LOST HUSBANDS......

My attitude to this whole thread is.......when you have experience of such a tradgedy/horrific act/collapsing building/..etc. etc. etc. ....then PLEASE, DO feel free to discuss said issue; until then......

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET and HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST; A LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD !!!.........enough said !
    So, free speech is to be denied because Cherokee thinks we shouldn't say anything unless we are directly involved.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    So, free speech is to be denied because Cherokee thinks we shouldn't say anything unless we are directly involved.

Great.
    Thank you northener......your "reply" speaks volumes...........

Think I'll now say "night, night" to this forum.

It was nice knowing you all ! X
    Last edited by cherokee; 09-Sep-11 at 21:08.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Great.
    With any freedom comes responsibility, what I read here shows the responsibility of a two year old.

Catch ya.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kells View Post
    With any freedom comes responsibility, what I read here shows the responsibility of a two year old.

Go and read the OP's post.

This is not a thread offering condolences to those involved in the 9th Sept mass murder, so to wade in and start 'shouting' about respect was over-reaction to say the least. Another example of someone being 'offended' about sod-all and expecting everyone else to toe their dull and blinkered line.

And you know something? I trawled back to the 8th of Sept and I couldn't find any thread started to offer condolences to those killed in the tragedy. So rather than do the sensible thing and open a 'serious' thread regarding 9th Sept, one of our brethren, Cherokee decided to berate all and sundry in a thread which certainly wasn't ridiculing those involved. And then do a dramatic exit (not the first time, I believe).

How grown up is that then?

And you know something? I trawled back to the 8th of Sept and I couldn't find any thread started to offer condolences to those killed in the tragedy. So rather than do the sensible thing and open a 'serious' thread regarding 9th Sept, one of our brethren, Cherokee decided to berate all and sundry in a thread which certainly wasn't ridiculing those involved. And then do a dramatic exit (not the first time, I believe).

How grown up is that then?
    Aye youve done it a few times yourself Northerner. I recall once you left with a farewell post explaining how the shrinking violets have spoilt your org experience by not allowing you to practise free speech. Personally I dont think you like being challenged.
    There was a post on here that was well out of order by my standards but knowing you have different standards it may well have been acceptable to you. Anyway, that post disappeared although i think it should have been left as an example of the free speech you demand without adult responsabilty.
    The orgs been brought to its knees by this kind of free speech. When 9/11 happened we regularly had over 20 members in the chatroom and 4 or 5 were North American. We never used the forums much in those days other than for information but that evolved too until now we have a monster that is out of control with the unconscious crap that before the internet came along people kept to themselves or took it out on the cat. Its a pity.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast