Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lazy drivers in Caithness?..Surely not!!!

Default Lazy drivers in Caithness?..Surely not!!!

This article says there is no escape from lazy drivers in Caithness...I cant believe it myself as I have always found drivers to be very caring.....they don't use their indicators in case they wear them out, now how thoughtful is that?????

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...s-14092011.htm

C3.................

Oh my...., lazy drivers in Caithness...., who would have thought it? I've experienced the traffic congestion in all the locations described including when I've dropped off or picked up a disabled friend from the precinct in Wick. Since I know where any problems are likely to be I take care when negotiating them, but dammit I sometimes still get delayed for up to half a minute!!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Oh my...., lazy drivers in Caithness...., who would have thought it? I've experienced the traffic congestion in all the locations described including when I've dropped off or picked up a disabled friend from the precinct in Wick. Since I know where any problems are likely to be I take care when negotiating them, but dammit I sometimes still get delayed for up to half a minute!!
    Two sheep and a bicycle in Bower the other day. Absolute gridlock!

I can't understand what's going on with all these tractors about the place, trundling along as if they've got all day. Holding the traffic up as they crawl along like a lazy Sunday driver.
    Why can't people be bothered to get a proper car. Pure laziness.

Phil, you obviously haven't experienced the power of holding up a whole string of fancy cars with an old Ford Major!

Perhaps the Traffic Warden has to save on paper by not issuing tickets,or could it be that he doesn`t know how to do his job????
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I can't understand what's going on with all these tractors about the place, trundling along as if they've got all day. Holding the traffic up as they crawl along like a lazy Sunday driver.
    Why can't people be bothered to get a proper car. Pure laziness.
    People use tractors so they don't have to take mother-in-law to the shops,
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

God, that journalist's readability is just terrible! Lost interest pretty quickly...
    Last edited by Leanne; 17-Sep-11 at 01:54. Reason: Grammar lol
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

With a writing "style" like that the journalist is lucky to have a job. I don't think I've read such a badly written piece in a very long time.

But I do agree they may have a point with regards to parking habit in Thurso.

Maybe if the council had shown some foresight and expanded the CO-OP carpark when the brewery was demolished, instead of allowing a housing development which exacerbates the problem, a lack of parking spaces wouldn't be an issue.

Surely, with parking habits so bad, the traffic warden must be a real cash cow for the council?
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

donss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mik.M. View Post
    Perhaps the Traffic Warden has to save on paper by not issuing tickets,or could it be that he doesn`t know how to do his job????
    Doesn't know how to do his job? Surely you jest?
    I've known him to almost have a scowl on his face.... but never seen him reprimand, cajole, move on traffic, let alone issue a ticket.

What Wick (and obviously Thurso) needs is a few real traffic wardens for a few random days, issuing tickets where appropriate & making their presence felt. Not as if there's not enough parking in either town (Wick especially): People are so bloody lazy to walk even just a few more yards....

Don't think it is just in Caithness there are parking problems, here in Stornoway the local paper had a blitz on parking - send in your pictures and some of them will get printed - ressult lots of photos and in the whole of that month the traffic warden issued ONE ticket.
    Here I see cars with out of date tax discs - and months out of date not just days - parking on double yellows right opposite police station and on corners near police station, never mind the centre of town.

Love the lady on the pavement - know her, lives in next village - already posted this on the org but let you have a wee chuckle

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Storno...39100692785125

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    This article says there is no escape from lazy drivers in Caithness...I cant believe it myself as I have always found drivers to be very caring.....they don't use their indicators in case they wear them out, now how thoughtful is that?????

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...s-14092011.htm

C3.................
    Never had a problem there myself, but things do change.