Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: ipod touch - a question

Default ipod touch - a question

Hi - I recently lost the HD on my laptop, which had a large collection of music, and now have a shiny new HD with no music. However this music is still on my Ipod Touch, with which my old HD had been synced. Now I understand that I cannot move this music back into the new HD from the Touch without buying some software to effect this - is this correct?

It looks as if syncing with the new HD with the new, very small library, will wipe the music from the Touch. Does this also mean that I can't add any new music to the Ipod as it will sync and remove all my music files from the Touch?
    Your vision will become clear
    Only when you look into your heart ....
    Who looks outside, dreams..
    Who looks inside, awakens.

ipod robot did that 4 me. googled it and it says its changed name. but still available from cnet.
    Make sure your itunes is set to NOT synch automatically 1st.
    Good luck
    Dave

I don't have an iPod or same family device but...
    I've had several other devices and with each of them I could connect with USB data cable and the device was treated like an external drive, sometimes by the PC and sometimes by the device software. Then copy from drive to drive was straightforward.
    ---[BJM