Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    What colour is your paint ducati ? it looks like "Austin Allegro chocolate brown" or very similar.
    No just a crap phone and bad light. It's light red metallic. I'll post some more pics when I'm happy..er with the paint job. Thanks for watching, I was about to say Hallo Hallo is this thing on?

LOL I've been keeping a watchful eye on the thread too Duke - you are not alone! Wouldn't know where to start myself, but is fascinating reading through the trials & tribulations of such a project

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    LOL I've been keeping a watchful eye on the thread too Duke - you are not alone! Wouldn't know where to start myself, but is fascinating reading through the trials & tribulations of such a project
    Thank's Bob
    Anyhoo, I've finally finished up refitting the door cards (stupid blindin' plastic sodding, clips) engine cover and got all the electrics working (a feat in itself with a 30 year old Italian). Fitted a new cambelt and tensioner (good decision as the old tensioner fell to bits when I drifted it off the shaft) changed the oil filter and oil bung, the same as fitted to a Ferrari 308 for the cynics amongst you who doubt her heritage.

I've re-flatted the bonnet and am ready to repaint and I should get her MOTd next week if house build, boat, oh and er..work permit.
    Last edited by ducati; 01-Sep-13 at 18:19.

Im watching too Ducati - its nice to read your updates and not have a row about them lol

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Im watching too Ducati - its nice to read your updates and not have a row about them lol
    If you could guarantee that classics would be tax exempt at 30 years old I'd change my vote.

I am writing a letter to all the main party leaders and a blog post and an article for Common Weal on that point RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

AAAGH! too busy to do anything with it this week. I'll try to get it MOTd next week. I'd be interested to know if it is the most northerly X1/9 (as one of my parts suppliers suggested). Anyone else have one?

So I never did get it MOtd last year, too much else going on. I did repaint the bonnet/boot so I've just a couple of little button up jobs and she's done and will be on the road for the spring.

Hi, just found this thread, I must say I had a buzz around knockhill in a 1.5l x1/9 some years ago they are fun. Being rear wheel drive ( as all sports cars should be ) you could swing the back out about liberally. fun fun. I found it totally different to my old 944 turbo but the light weight made it really enjoyable. Have to meet up sometime when you complete the restoration and have a blast around somewhere quiet. Took me 4 tears to do my rebuild and many, many skinned knuckles, lol. good luck with the project.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234