Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: £600 a week and a Toy-Boy thrown in as well!!

Thumper your situation is different than the said people who are ripping of the taxpayers you by the looks of it has not had an easy time and really feel it for you and i can tell its through no fault of your own and doing voluntary work is good but it should count and you should not feel like scum. My daughter was made redundant and has two little ones and gets hardly anything and she has worked for 12 years its so unfair she feels the same way as you do but dont it through no fault of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Thumper your situation is different than the said people who are ripping of the taxpayers you by the looks of it has not had an easy time and really feel it for you and i can tell its through no fault of your own and doing voluntary work is good but it should count and you should not feel like scum. My daughter was made redundant and has two little ones and gets hardly anything and she has worked for 12 years its so unfair she feels the same way as you do but dont it through no fault of your own.
    But Doreen you and many others seem to believe that people like Thumper are the small minority, and that most folk on benefits are scrounging scum. The opposite is the truth, the vast majority of benefits claimants are decent law abiding and hard working people who through no fault of their own need some help. Sometimes short term, and sometimes long term.

The bad ones take advantage of the system. But even they didn't make the rules up. The politicians are the ones that deserve the anger, but it is always directed at some poor unfortunate that the media pick on. Anyone, that is anyone at all that is:

a) on benefits, and
    b) well off

Is a lying cheating thieving scumbag. That is a simple fact. Even the benefits that are often pointed out as being generous are in reality not. If anyone is getting rich on benefits they are either working and earning more than they declare (which is a crime), or carrying out other criminal activities.

Yes the woman with 10 kids is annoying, but seriously in the scheme of things she is no making a blind bit of difference to any tax payer in this country. Far more concerning should be the crooks that are milking the system to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Here are a few links about the real benefit cheats:

23 people £250000

family cheated £130000 caught out on holiday

£1 million love rat

Top ten benefits cheats Some of these ones I would categorise as honest, but annoying, others are outright criminals.

The big benefit cheat

Some interesting reading amongst that lot!

Some more!

£1 million pound housing benefit scam

£53,000 housing benefits scam

Highland councillor jailed
    Last edited by NickInTheNorth; 22-Aug-11 at 18:56.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

Thats over my head Nick in north but you are to cleaver for me but what im trying to say is our country is to generous to idle people and the needy dont get hardly any help ive worked since i was 12 now im in my late 40s when i retire what am i going to get pension wise and my husband who works 12 hours 7 days a weekand pays 40 percente tax to keep the lazy gits in drink and fags and thousands more that pays there taxes and grudges it we have worked hard all our lives and what for nothing.

The needy are overlooked, the greedy will find a way

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Thats over my head Nick in north but you are to cleaver for me but what im trying to say is our country is to generous to idle people and the needy dont get hardly any help ive worked since i was 12 now im in my late 40s when i retire what am i going to get pension wise and my husband who works 12 hours 7 days a weekand pays 40 percente tax to keep the lazy gits in drink and fags and thousands more that pays there taxes and grudges it we have worked hard all our lives and what for nothing.
    The vast majority of the idle people want to work but cannot find work and that is what makes them needy. They do not get a lot of money to live on just above the poverty level. On top of that they are now being made to feel like scroungers for claiming what they need to live on, no one with any self respect wants to be idle. Of course there are those who manage to play the system but they should be dealt with and where people are aware of what is going on they should report them but they are in the minority. Those who evade paying tax without the excuse of living in poverty are even worse and cost the country a great deal more money yet little is said about them in the media.

What about this one then? I hope she goes to prison for a very, very long time and is forced to pay back all the money that she has taken from honest taxpayers!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14622918

C3...

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    What about this one then? I hope she goes to prison for a very, very long time and is forced to pay back all the money that she has taken from honest taxpayers!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14622918

C3...
    nasty little thief and liar. Get her strung up!

NITN, I've suggested one change and followed it up with a provisio based on your theoretical (but not uncommon) scenario, yet I notice you've not answered my previous question as to what you'd do to reduce the benefits bill. Yes catching and punishing those who are defrauding the system (as per your numerous links) goes without saying, but what changes to the rules, if any, would you implement to reduce the relentless burden on the taxpayer?

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    nasty little thief and liar. Get her strung up!
    Yes Nick, especially as she has a foreign sounding name, these immigrants are all the same....oop's ...sorry, I am not a racist, honestly!!!

Now then, pass me the rope will you?.......

C3....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    NITN, I've suggested one change and followed it up with a provisio based on your theoretical (but not uncommon) scenario, yet I notice you've not answered my previous question as to what you'd do to reduce the benefits bill. Yes catching and punishing those who are defrauding the system (as per your numerous links) goes without saying, but what changes to the rules, if any, would you implement to reduce the relentless burden on the taxpayer?
    To be honest Bob I don't actually have too much of a problem with the benefits system. The burden on the taxpayer due to the benefits system is not that onerous in the scheme of things, and if the government do their job properly and create a business climate which increases the jobs available in the UK to allow far more people to work then the costs will reduce drastically and the tax take increase dramatically too.

I for one am quite happy to pay tax at current levels to maintain a benefits safety net that befits a decent society.

I would certainly provide far higher levels of funding to the fraud investigation sections of the departments responsible for paying benefits. They have proven to be very cost effective - I cannot immediately find a reference but recall that the last time I saw a study of their effectiveness they were recovering more than 8 times their costs! The government cut their funding!

I would like to see a scheme introduced which does take action against people who rely on benefits and yet choose to have large families. Something along the lines first child accepted, as everyone has a right to reproduce. Second child serious discussion with the authorities regarding responsibilities. Third child final warning. Fourth child legally enforced birth control using something like depo-provera as I mentioned before. Any religious objections can be accepted provided the religious order responsible for the doctrine accepts full financial responsibility for any further children.

An end to universal benefits, and a single unified benefits system which sets a figure required for a particular family group to live on taking into account acceptable social norms. So yes, broadband, sky tv, mobile phones etc should be available on benefits which many people seem to object to, but they are a required tool for job seeking, and for relaxation. Clearly the figure would differ from region to region and should also take account of medical needs.

Then when people should be encouraged to work. Let's say that a family with no special needs of 6 is allowed £24000 (just because it's a nice round number - and not actually far off what is currently allowed) per year to cover all costs; Housing, food, heat, light, transport, clothing, school meals, absolutely everything. For every £1 they earn reduce the benefits payment by say 80p until they get to whatever pre-set limit is imposed say total income, benefits and earnings of £30000.

That would encourage people to take any work available, without knowing that by doing so they will actually be worse off which does happen today.

Under the current system there is only one major change I would make; to the rules regarding local housing allowance which is paid to people in private rented accommodation. I would make it payable to people with a mortgage as well as to people renting a property. I don't see any difference in principle why the state will subsidise housing for someone in private rented, and thus provide a benefit to an owner of property, and not pay it to someone who has worked hard to buy a house but has found it necessary to claim some form of welfare benefit due to a change in their circumstances. Currently it is not unusual to find someone is forced to sell a property and move into rented accommodation. There is no financial benefit to the state a the rents generally are similar to a mortgage payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    ....oop's ...sorry, I am not a racist, honestly!!!
    Clearly you're not racist. Xenophobe would probably suit better. Dunno if this is better or worse, or legal / illegal, PC or non PC. It kinda falls in line with my Trebuchet Party manifesto though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Clearly you're not racist. Xenophobe would probably suit better. Dunno if this is better or worse, or legal / illegal, PC or non PC. It kinda falls in line with my Trebuchet Party manifesto though.
    Thanks Phill, that makes me feel a lot better !!

C3............

I like how they add in 'by four different men' Are they paying for their children????????

Quote Originally Posted by pmcd View Post
    I'm reading a lot of the above and forming the impression that there are some people who feel themselves to be somewhat superior to others by virtue of what they read, view, or hear from their preferred sources.

I have to tell you that you are NOT superior. Many people who know long words are no use in the real world, and many opinions from superior sources can't wash the dishes, split the atom, build a wall, or nurse a baby.

Please stop announcing how clever you are. You are not. You still go to the toilet. You still need food. And you all - WE all - go out the same way we came in - naked, without a penny, and a bit wrinkled.

The only difference in death is that we may go out with a big smile knowing that we had a few laughs along the way. Like laughing at people who think they are better than anyone else.
    Your life and its consequences are not defined by its temporal boundary conditions!

I've seen that claim many times before, but rarely from someone with well connected synapses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234